Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » sub.fld
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
I have some issues with apple mail not being able to unsubscribe to certain public folders for one or two users.

After having a look I went into the sub.fld file with in the users mail store folder and noticed this.

~elinorh<_at_>domain.co.uk/Public Folders/1256_Salford/1256_Archive_2010
~elinorh<_at_>domain.co.uk/Public Folders/1253_StOlaves/1253_Archive_2010
#public<_at_>domain.co.uk/1106_Coventry_Student_Enterprise/1106_day_file
#public<_at_>domain.co.uk/1048_Hackney_Design_Panel/1048_Archive_2010
#public<_at_>domain.co.uk/1245_LowerMarsh/1245_archive_2010

This is just part of the sub.fld file, but it turned out the folders with a # infront of them were the ones that they could not unsubscribe to. the ones with the ~ were fine.

Does any one know what difference between the # and the ~ are, and why they would be flagged differently?

I have a feeling that it may have been thunderbird that had caused that issue initially for these users.

Thanks
  •  
phil_w

# indicates that the folder is a public one - the other ones are shared from a user, i.e. not truly public? I think...
  •  
skeates

Well after a bit of playing around I have discovered that ~user<_at_>domain/Public Folders/folder name is the correct format for public folders. Not found a use for the # yet but it may be a shared user folder option.

Now I just need to find out what has caused it.
  •  
phil_w

When creating public folders I used to have to prefix its name with # to indicate its status as 'public' - haven't done this for a while - probably since the version 5 days?
  •  
skeates

Well just tried susbscribing to a shared folder from another user. The only way to do this through apple mail or thunderbird by the looks of it is to subscribe to the shared folder via the web mail which then lets it appear in the email client.

This does not show anything up in the sub.fld file. So perhaps it is something left over from previous versions of kerio? I have yet to experiment with entourage at all.
Previous Topic: can't get ical to work
Next Topic: Resource scheduling confusion
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:04:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00380 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.