Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Resource scheduling confusion
  •  
tjd58

Send a private message to this user
We are running Kerio Connect 7 on Snow Leopard.

I am having trouble getting resources to behave as advertised and I have a question or two. In the discussion below only the Kerio Webmail client is being used. I've not yet tried other mail clients.

I have created a room resource and I am the reservation manager for the room. I and one other person are authorized to schedule the room.

When I or the other person creates an event in our personal calendar and schedule the resource we see no conflicts in the busy/free calendar even when a conflict exists. Also, the event never shows up in the room's calendar.

Now, if I, as the reservation manager, create the event directly in the room's calender then conflicts will show up in the free/busy calendar when I or the other person attempts to reserve the room in our personal calenders. But I shouldn't have to create the event directly in the room's calender, right? Should not the room's calender be updated automatically when authorized accounts schedule the room resource?

There is also a email account associated with the room resource but what does this really mean? Who actually gets email sent to this account or is it handled internally by the software?

Evidently I've done something wrong setting up the room resource. Could someone set me straight?

Finally, is it just me or do others find that the English versions of the Kerio manuals are poorly translated/written? There are some very weirdly constructed sentences/paragraphs that leave me scratching my head.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: sub.fld
Next Topic: Mailing list: new category for posters
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 00:37:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.