Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Install requirements (can i install with a host like one and one)
  •  
jonathantopf

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone, Unfortunatley i am working with a company who have decided to host their site and mail from one and one and i now how to sort out a webmail front end for them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if its possible to host kerio webmail on a server like one and one.

Also what privilages will i need to have to install kerio webmail? is it a binary install or just a php msql front end.

sorry for the ignorance but any help would be much appreciated.

best, jon
  •  
j.a.duke

jonathantopf wrote on Fri, 26 March 2010 10:48
Hi everyone, Unfortunatley i am working with a company who have decided to host their site and mail from one and one and i now how to sort out a webmail front end for them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if its possible to host kerio webmail on a server like one and one.

Also what privilages will i need to have to install kerio webmail? is it a binary install or just a php msql front end.

sorry for the ignorance but any help would be much appreciated.

best, jon

Kerio is a standalone mail server-there isn't any easy way to integrate it with a hosted mail solution.

Besides, One and One offers webmail, so why would you want to create more hassles for yourself?

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
p0ddie

If you want to go with Kerio and providers such as 1&1, you would need to book a dedicated server or a server with root access and install the Linux version. Check out the dynamic cloud hosting with root access 1&1 offers, you can get it with CentOS, or if you must, with Windows...
Previous Topic: Message meaning
Next Topic: Motorola Droid changing ID?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 06:54:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.