Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to make make an all users list? (I would like an "all staff" list that I do not have to add to manually!)
  •  
rlsimon

Send a private message to this user
I would like to set up an alias that we can use to send mail to all current staff. However, this list has to be moderated or restricted.
If I set up a group, it will dynamically add users when I add them to active directory. However, this group has no restriction on who can send to it.
If I set up a mailing list, then I have to add users manually every time. Sooner or later, someone doesnt get added. Worse, when someone gets fired, they dont get removed from the list.
So could I have either:
a. mailing restrictions for groups
b. mailing lists based on AD groups.

•  
marook

Hi,

I have an ER on file to restrict mailGroups to only accept mails from internal users - but it seems Kerio needs some pressure to add this (don't know why!).
The setting right now, meant to control the the Group Memebers canøt send in & out of the domain, is if you ask me, stupid and close to useless!
At least, this setting shoudl only be on One, build-in group.

PS: You do close the account s of people that stop, so they will not have access anymore... right? Wink

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
sjourney

Quote:
The setting right now, meant to control the the Group Memebers canøt send in & out of the domain, is if you ask me, stupid and close to useless!

I turned that flag on once, for our "all users" group. that was fun...

really really really dumb feature Kerio.
  •  
BudDurland

Putting myself in Kerio's shoes (and maybe playing devil's advocate):

A "Group" is a mechanism for setting / controlling common common parameters on multiple mail accounts at once. It also distributes messages to multiple accounts at once, in an uncontrolled manner.

A "Mailing List" distributes messages to multiple e-mail addresses (on the kerio server or not), in a controlled manner. It also counts as a user licenses Wink

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
marook

The big issue here is just that in enterprice setups, groups are linked to AD/OD groups (mostly) and as such makes it Very easy to keep users in the right groups.
Since maillinglists does NOT link to AD/OD groups, we NEED to use Groups!
And since groups has no way of disallowing mail from outside the domain, it's not that great!

Only 'workaround' right now, is to use an account (aka a licens!) to create the 'groups email address' and forward that user to the real group's email.
It's a mess, it uses licenses for no reason, and looks ugly to the user!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: Searching contacts by category
Next Topic: Removed KOFF, using KOC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 08:52:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.