Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connecting Samsung Omnia to KC
  •  
BobH

Send a private message to this user
I have a Samsung Omnia running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. I want to sync it up with our KC 7.0.0 patch 2 mail server.

Our KC server has a self-signed SSL certificate. I've setup our firewall to direct https to our KC server. We don't have an internal web server so this has been acceptable for providing offsite KC webmail access.

I have used the Opera Browser on the Omnia to access Kerio Connect WebMail successfully, using the "Install SSL certificate link. Now when I login, I'm not warned about using an untrusted source.

So far, when I try to ActiveSync with KC, it fails with "Support code: 0x80072F17". The Kerio knowledgebase says this error is caused by either wildcards in the SSL certificate or you have to edit the registry for Windows Mobile 5 to disable certificate checking. We don't have wildcards in the certificate and I'm not sure if the WM5 instruction apply to WM 6.1.

Anyone out there who has managed to connect their WM 6.1 to KC? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I think you need to use integrated MS IE to install the certificate and verify correct SSL access to web interface.
  •  
BobH

As you suggested, I used WM 6.1 IE Explorer to access KC Webmail. I used the Webmail "SSL certificate install" link to install our KC certificate.

Now when I re-launch KC Webmail, I get the following warnings...
Quote:
The certificate is from a trusted certifying authority.
The certificate has expired of is not yet valid.
The name on the certificate is not valid or does not match the name of the site.
Do you want to proceed?

When I try ActiveSync now, it fails with a new error...
Quote:
Result: The security certificate on the server has expired. Check that the date and time on your device are correct.
Support code: 0x80072F05

The active certificate on the KC server shows an expiration of 12.01.2010. My Omnia shows its date as 3/30/2010 <_at_> 12:32 PM.

Is my certificate invalid?
Previous Topic: problem synchro with public folder
Next Topic: How to update spamassasin?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 22:31:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00340 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.