Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » HTML mail being converted to plain text in Outlook with connector (A couple of our users are having all incoming HTML mail converted to plain text)
  •  
Barclay McInnes

Send a private message to this user
Hi;
We've deployed Kerio in our company now for about 2 months, and for the most part is working great, but we have a couple of users who are having all HTML based mail come in as plain text in Outlook 2007. The crazy thing is that they aren't set up any differently than anyone else as far as I can tell, in fact one of them just started and I set up that laptop myself. Can anyone think of anywhere to check to correct this issue?
TIA!
  •  
marook

No idea, but make sure to create a ticket on support.kerio.com !

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
testadicane

hi have you solved the issue ? in the last installation we have the same problem only one workstation see all the mail in plain text
  •  
Barclay McInnes

Actually, yes. It turned out to be a problem with the antivirus package installed on those two workstations. AVG is the package that was in use there and there is an option to "certify" incoming email under Tools...Advanced. When AVG was certifying the incoming mail it was also trashing all the HTML and leaving everything as plaintext. Removing the checkbox from "Certify incoming e-mail" resolved the issue.

And of course if you're using IMAP or the offline connector, then the HTML stripping is replicated back to the Kerio server and when you look on the web interface the HTML is gone from the message there as well so you think it must be a Kerio issue... at least that was my thought process.

•  
Petr Nehez

I have same problem. When I installed offline edition of KOC (7.1.0-1906-p1) Outlook started to show me only plain version of emails although in web interface I can see them in HTML version.
I have ESET installed on my W7 64bit O2007 system and tried to disable ESET's plugin for Outlook (through Tools/TrustCenter/AddIns/ManageExchangeClientExtensions) but it didn't help.

As workaround I found out that online version works ok but it's not a solution for me.

Any idea or fix for this problem?
  •  
testadicane

I've solved the problem disagling the Antivirus AVG ceck for the incoming mail. But the client was Window XP not Window 7
  •  
lewismc

OKAY, for anyone running McAfee ANTI Virus looking to disable their antivirus for email via the McAfee control panel you are looking in the wrong place. Go to Outlook (2010) > File > Options > Add-Ins > Manage Add-Ins (Go) > Uncheck McAfee Addin and restart.

(Windows 7 Professional, Outlook 2010, McAfee Total Protection, Kerio Connector Offline 7.1.0 patch 1 build 1906)
  •  
Glen

Is there a proper fix/workaround for this? Disabling all other add ins that modify emails in Outlook is NOT a solution. This a problem with Kerio and needs to be fixed and ASAP!!
Previous Topic: Set Source IP?
Next Topic: Outlook 2010 autocomplete
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:19:52 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.