Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Removed KOFF, using KOC (And enjoying the speed)
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
Yesterday when I saw the KOFF was using nearly 200MB of RAM and 5-10% of CPU, I had an epiphany. My desktop computer is always connected to the network, so I don't really need any off-line functionality, and I don't use my e-mail account as a file cabinet, so I don't remember the last time I searched for anything other than a keyword in a from address or subject line.

So, I uninstalled KOFF (and learned that you WILL delete the existing OutLook profile) and installed KOC.

Much faster, much smaller memory foot print.

The question is, what is the development path for KOC? Will if eventually go away, and I'll have to use KOFF? is the a time line for that, even a loose one?

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
sjourney

We have been in a "mixed mode" for since the release of KOFF. Koff does not always make sense, especially in a TS environment, for a user that "roam around", or for users that have other users mail folders connected.

We have sales asst that might be connected to 3 other sales folks mail folders, these people get a ton of email so imagine a KOFF account with 3 inboxes with 5000 msgs in each, not fast at all.

on the other hand it is hard to beat the experience that win 7/vista with outlook 07 and koff (with a fast pc with lots of ram) give to a user. It is a shame that only a few of our users have this setup, good thing I am one of them...

It seems since the release of KOFF kerio has spent little time on the KOC which is a shame.
  •  
TorW

KOC appears to be a legacy product by now, based on my experience. We have the same gripes on using KOFF on terminal servers, and KOFF is actually the limiting factor in cramming users into 64-bit blades. We have to stop at 80 users, lest we boot from operationally expensive SAN-disks. Roaming KOFF profiles is impractical, even with third party products that can roam the Local Settings folder.

An Outlook connector like KOFF without the local caching would have been great, but unless I hear otherwise I will continue regarding KOC as abandoned and just live with the KOFF/terminal server tradeoffs. Right now, KMS' (or Kerio Connect's) TCO isn't living up to our expectations. We spend a disturbing amount of time fixing up corrupt folders and take support calls for "synchronization conflicts" (which again usually leads to fixing corrupt folders).

Not to mention the inflexibility of using a TS farm with fixed, local profiles.
Previous Topic: How to make make an all users list?
Next Topic: Project management for agencies using Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 00:36:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.