Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Server Crash
  •  
GlennK

Send a private message to this user
We had a major meltdown today. Although we recovered quickly after a reboot, I am not convinced it won't happen again, or that things are right. We have about 100 users (and climbing) running 6.73 patch 1 on a 2009 Xserve running 10.56

The first sign was that I couldn't check mail at all. Others confirmed and I connected in to the server. I attempted to stop Kerio (so I could stop/restart) and I got a message that Kerio had crashed and could not be stopped. After attempting stop/start a few times unsuccessfully I rebooted the server. Things came back but processor was high and output network activity was very high, peaking to the top of our bandwidth. We got all kinds of messages like this (email changed for anonymity)

[01/Apr/2010 16:50:33] MessageIndexCache.cpp: Index in folder ~joe<_at_>joe.com/INBOX is corrupted (index.new exists)

then

[01/Apr/2010 16:52:01] folder_manager.cpp: Cannot open folder ~joe<_at_>joe.com/INBOX: locked after 20 retries

It seems the server locked everyone (?) out after retrying over and over. I do have the lockout set to 20.

then a HUGE number of messages like this:

[01/Apr/2010 16:55:33] FolderName.cpp: Empty folder name (user=joe<_at_>joe.com, protocol=HTTP/CalDav)

sometimes it stated that the error repeated as many as 900 times and they continue now, many times per minute.

I also found this at the beginning

[01/Apr/2010 13:38:41] php_utils.cpp: webmail renameFolder: Unable to rename folder ( attempt to rename system folder ~joe<_at_>joe.com/INBOX)

Any feedback on this would be appreciated. I am considering going up to Kerio 7 now just because the release history mentions fixing crashing.

This server might be hit a little harder than usual because we have at least a dozen domains. Also significant is that we just got a bandwidth increase, double what we had before.
  •  
GlennK

also getting massive number of these in the debug log

[01/Apr/2010 20:25:33][2977673216] {webdav} CaldavService exception caught in addGroups(): SQLITE_CANTOPEN(code=14): SQLITE_CANTOPEN[14]: file is encrypted or is not a database
[01/Apr/2010 20:25:33][2977673216] {webdav} CaldavService exception caught in addGroups(): SQLITE_CANTOPEN(code=14): SQLITE_CANTOPEN[14]: file is encrypted or is not a database
  •  
marook

Disks OK?
What disksystem? RAID?
Build-in disks, external?

Disconnect your network, and check it!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
GlennK

I think we're good now. Talked to support both email and phone. In order to get the CalDAV and Emptyfolder name errors to stop (they were rolling endlessly) I stopped kerio and deleted the caldav.db file. This worked and all seems well again. Tech support strongly recommended updating to Kerio 7. I notice that the release notes for Kerio 7 mention a crash fix, so I might go ahead.

As far as config, have a mirror RAID internal, which seems to work well.
Previous Topic: KMS/KC on Snow Leopard Server - LDAP conflict
Next Topic: Re-direct e-mail from a certain domain?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 02:34:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00367 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.