Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPad Connection Problems (Cannot connect the iPad to Kerio)
  •  
gwieland

Send a private message to this user
Has anybody had problems with the iPad and connecting to Kerio 6.7.3 patch 1.
Got the following error:
[03/Apr/2010 13:38:07] ActiveSyncRequest::Execute: Access denied for device ApplGB013HBWZ3A (user: redacted). The device 'iPad' isn't supported in this version
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

iPad device is not supported in Kerio MailServer 6.7.3. It can connect to Kerio Connect 7.0.0 patch2. However with no official support yet as the device has not been fully tested.
  •  
silver02suby

Will you remind us how to enable unauthorized ActiveSync devices, at our own risk, please? I know it's a variable switch in the CFG, just don't remember which one.
  •  
silver02suby

Nevermind - found it. In the mailserver.cfg, under mobile devices, switch the variable for allowing unauthorized devices from a 0 to a 1. Make sure to BACKUP THE CFG first, and shut down KMS before changing... also.. use *at your own risk*!

(This post is not encouraging anyone to DO this! I accept absolutely no responsibility for issues, data loss or other problems if you follow these directions.)
  •  
gwieland

Updated just now to Kerio Connect 7.0.0 Patch 2. iPad now works perfectly. Thanks Kerio-pdobry. All my clients are Entourage, iPhone and iPad. Upgrade seems to have gone VERY smoothly.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I would like to mention that iPad is not officially supported yet. We cannot guarantee there are no issues. Please be patient, official support will be announced once the testing ends. Thank you.
  •  
bradyjfrey

iPad not supported... Snow Leopard wasn't supported for weeks... I see an enjoyable pattern here. My apologies, but I do expect more cutting edge for my license.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 April 2010 22:53]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

bradyjfrey wrote on Tue, 13 April 2010 22:42
iPad not supported... Snow Leopard wasn't supported for weeks... I see an enjoyable pattern here. My apologies, but I do expect more cutting edge for my license.

Well, this can happen if the product is not available before day one. It is not possible to support something that does not exist yet.

As mentioned earlier, iPad can connect to Kerio Connect 7. We can't say it's "supported" if it was not tested.
  •  
bradyjfrey

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 13 April 2010 13:59
Well, this can happen if the product is not available before day one. It is not possible to support something that does not exist yet.

As mentioned earlier, iPad can connect to Kerio Connect 7. We can't say it's "supported" if it was not tested.

The developer OS was available for this type of testing, at least those of us who have a developer account can test the software, as I did:)
  •  
bradyjfrey

For the record, that changing of the mailserver.cfg file worked for me as well (and much like the other posters, I don't claim any responsibility or fault for your own server, best of luck).

Edited - removed incorrect setting.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 April 2010 23:18] by Moderator

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

bradyjfrey wrote on Tue, 13 April 2010 23:02

The developer OS was available for this type of testing, at least those of us who have a developer account can test the software, as I did:)

Then check the SDK again. It does not contain Mail, Contacts or any kind of synchronization.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

bradyjfrey wrote on Tue, 13 April 2010 23:10
For the record, that changing of the mailserver.cfg file worked for me as well (and much like the other posters, I don't claim any responsibility or fault for your own server, best of luck).

Which means you're running old Kerio MailServer version. Sorry, we don't have a time machine for traveling in a time and changing the past. Smile
  •  
bradyjfrey

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 13 April 2010 14:17
Which means you're running old Kerio MailServer version. Sorry, we don't have a time machine for traveling in a time and changing the past. Smile

Don't be a jerk now:) - I did the hack because our tests were a large failure for Kerio 7 with over 300 users and 12 domains. I thought I was being nice not opening that discussion up, but I'm happy too if you want to make me an unhappy and vocal client?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Aah. I understand it now. But you did the hack wrong and that's why your iPad could not connect.
Without changing the wrong option in the configuration file the IPad would connect with no issues Smile
bradyjfrey

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 13 April 2010 14:29
Aah. I understand it now. But you did the hack wrong and that's why your iPad could not connect.
Without changing the wrong option in the configuration file the IPad would connect with no issues Smile

Ah, I could see the confusion - my apologies, I'm mixing two forum postings here. 6.7 wasn't working ala iPad, 7 was a failure in our clone testing with large issues. I was here looking for a fix for 6.7 or 7 (either 6 ipad or 7 work); since 7 is still on the buggy side, hack it is. Hack has worked ok so far.
Previous Topic: Active Active configuration
Next Topic: Faster loading for Folder Mapping in OUTLOOK CONNECTOR
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 20:58:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00572 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.