Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPad, Webmail, Safari (Can't open messages using Safari on the iPad...)
  •  
jamesf

Send a private message to this user
We are running Kerio 6.7.3 Patch 1 and use webmail only. Once I open Kerio using iPad's Safari I cannot open individual emails. On the computer I double click on the email and it opens in a pop-up window but I have not found a way to do this on the ipad. I have pop-ups enabled since reminders are displayed properly in a pop-up. I don't know if this is a Safari issue or an issue with the version of Kerio we currently use.

Has anyone successfully opened emails using Safari on the iPad?

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2010 17:33]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Devices with touchscreen (like iPhone or iPad) don't have an ability to right-click or double-click on some item. Because of this limitation the applications designed for desktop browsers may not work correctly.

BTW: There are also other options how to manage emails on these devices, like email syncing or WebMail mini.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2010 18:33]

•  
jamesf

Thanks, I will try Webmail-mini when I get home. I plan on using syncing but the iPad I currently have access too isn't mine. I ordered the 3G model so I will wait until it arrives to test syncing.

I was fairly sure it I wasn't overlooking anything but wanted to make sure.

Thanks again.
  •  
jamesf

Tried Webmail mini and it works great. Thanks for the suggestion.
Laughing
  •  
akwete

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 12:32
Devices with touchscreen (like iPhone or iPad) don't have an ability to right-click or double-click on some item. Because of this limitation the applications designed for desktop browsers may not work correctly.

BTW: There are also other options how to manage emails on these devices, like email syncing or WebMail mini.

Is this still a problem with Safari on the iPad? Opening messages by clicking on the them in Safari works with MS Outlook Web Access.
  •  
jamesf

akwete, you must use Webmail Mini to open using Safari on the iPad.

Better yet access using the iPad mail client. The setup is easy, just use the Exchange Server method to setup the client for Mail, Contacts and Calendar. Works great.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2011 23:34]

Previous Topic: Kerio at WWDC
Next Topic: Outlook-style archiving in Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 00:31:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.