Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Smtp with user authentication long delay
  •  
maxreefer

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
me and some of my customers are experiencing a strange situation using Thunderbird client and kerio smtp with authentication.
No matter the size of the message thunderbird takes like 10 seconds to send mails using my kerio mailserver smtp with authentication.
This long delay disappear if I just set an "allow" rule from my IP.
This delay happens also with Outlook express and other clients.
It looks like KMS takes a lot of time to authenticate a user.

Does anybody have noticed this situation?

thanks
  •  
sedell

That sounds like the "Spam Repellent" feature. The SMTP greeting delay applies to all incoming SMTP connections since it has no way to know if the incoming connection will eventually authenticate or not.

Scott
  •  
mbad1

Yes this sounds like the spam repellent. It is often set to 20 seconds and can apply to all clients.

There is an option to Not Apply to Internal clients (network address range).

Take spam repellent off or better still just don't apply to your internal clients.
  •  
maxreefer

Thanks,
you guys were all right.
I tried to disable "spam repellent" and the problem went away.
My KMS is on an online server outside from my internal network and last week we changed our public IP. Since i forgot to add my new Ip to the "allow list" I started experiencing the delay.

Maybe it can't be in other way but actually this is a little annoyance for customers not using a static IP.
There should be a trick .. like "don't care about SMTP greeting delay if it's using SSL" or whatever ..
Previous Topic: ReBrand of a domain hosted in kerio 7.0
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 7.0.1 Released
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 17:05:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.