Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleted Items mystery (In one account mail is mysteriously appearing in Deleted Items folder)
  •  
pchernoff

Send a private message to this user
KC 7.0 through 7.0.1.

We just discovered today one an IMAP account shared by 2 people is mysteriously having mail in the Deleted Items folder. This is the folder where Kerio puts deleted mail if you use the web interface. Apple Mail.app puts its deleted mail in the Deleted Messages folder by default.

So, if one of the clients were deleting mail in Mail.app by either deleting it or using a filter it should appear in the Deleted Messages filter. Neither user believes that she put any of this mail into the Deleted Items folder and I can trust them. This leaves me to believe that either someone is breaking into the account via webmail and causing problems (I don't think this is the case but I just changed the account's password as a precaution) or the Mail.app or KC is automatically putting mail into this folder. All possibilities seem insane but I am trying to see if Kerio Connect would delete a user's e-mail on its own. There are no filters set up for this account in the KC WebMail client.

Any ideas?
  •  
ccjwells

Send a private message to this user
Have you checked in the operation log to see what IP address is deleting the mail (or moving it into deleted items)?
Previous Topic: Admin Deleted for an error
Next Topic: Apple Mail showing email strange
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 00:28:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.