Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Update Checker Email Notifications
  •  
LarryS

Send a private message to this user
Hey,

So, um, why doesn't the daily update checker email the admin (or specified account) when a new version of Connect is available? It is a mail server, right? Should be able to mail the admin a notification if the update checker found a new version (otherwise, no notification necessary).

Does Connect already do this, or am I missing something? Once set up, I only go to the admin interface but once a week or so, even then I rarely got to the update checker unless I remember.

Larry
  •  
LarryS

I have submitted this as a feature request for Kerio Connect:

Quote:
When the daily Update Checker runs, and finds an update, have Connect email a notification to a specified (user-chosen) account, like the server admin. Have the notification optional (checkbox) in the admin Web and Qt GUIs.

Notification could be every time it checks and finds an update, even if it was the same update as the last time it notified, or only one notification per version update (e.g. additional checkbox for 'Notify only once per update version found.'). The latter would notify the admin once, the first time the particular update version was found, but not nag them every day until they install the update. This way, an admin will be notified, but can choose to skip the update without being nagged every day.

Also, the update notice should have the appropriate links in the body to the recent version history and download page, etc.
  •  
ToeiRei

good idea. The same way could be used for all important events...

Please stand by - the mailer daemon is busy burning your messages in hell.
  •  
chrisrosa

bump!?

Any kind of notification of updates would be great. RSS hosted on kerio's domain, or *shocker* mine? Email? Something!

Notification of serious server events would be great too of course.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

If you want to be informed about updates and other important news, please subscribe to our newsletter - http://www.kerio.com/newsletters

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
ToeiRei

I don't want to be informed about trainings and other events or marketing jazz... just plain updates.

Please stand by - the mailer daemon is busy burning your messages in hell.
  •  
tpd866

This has been a feature request for years. it has never been addressed by Kerio.
Previous Topic: IM client that supports Video calling!
Next Topic: Bug in Global Adress Book
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 17:03:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.