Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » eMail doesn't work with Kerio Connect 7.01 and Blackberry BIS
  •  
reneS

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have a Blackberry and am using BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). With BIS it is possible, to fill in the eMail access data (IMAP) and eMails are getting pushed to the device.

This doesn't work with Kerio Connect 7.0.1 build 1249 Sad

It is possible, to add the data and in the BIS overview it is shown as correct but no eMails are getting pushed to the Blackberry.

I also tried different eMail accounts such as
MobileMe -> works!
Gmail -> works!
Chello (is a POP3 mailservice) -> works!
Every other eMail account works except the Kerio doesn't.

Is there any setting in Kerio Connect that I (hopefully) made wrong? I've checked the settings in BIS 100 times, tried with and without SSL but nothing helps.

I also booked the Blackberry-Option from my provider which gives me the access to BIS.

Hope someone can help me

Kind regards
René
  •  
campodoro74

Hi René,

IMAP is NOT push mail. Just a way for BIS to let their server download mail via IMAP from Kerio and then push it towards your Blackberry (your Blackberry hence doesn't download itself).

So, have you checked the Kerio log ? Is IMAP(S) enabled, are you sure NAT is configured towards your server and isn't the firewall blocking IMAP(S) traffice?

Enabled logging and see if you can at least see a login attempt.
  •  
reneS

Hello and thank you very much for your answer!

I know that IMAP is not push. I've sent a test eMail to myself and waited over 1 hour, no eMail arrives to the Blackberry. The MobileMe eMail (it's also set up to IMAP in BIS) was pushed to the device immediately.

I've also checked the Kerio log, there is no connection from BIS shown in "Acitive connections" Sad
IMAP(S) is enabled in my NAT and firewall doesn't block the traffic.

I receive eMails from this account with Apple Mail. There it is set up with IMAP Idle and there are no problems. It just doesn't work with BIS.

The sad thing is, that any other eMail provider I have tested works with BIS ;(

Maybe I have an error in my Kerio Connect settings, but don't know where?

Kind regards
René
  •  
reneS

Hello,

I've found the problem. Now eMails get pushed to my Device and sent Messages are in sent folder.

The only thing I had to do is to activate Users previously authenticated through POP3 from the same IP address (POP3 before SMTP) which is found in
Configuration > SMTP Server
of Kerio Connect Administration.

Hope this will help anybody else having the same problem?!

Kind regards
René
Previous Topic: Mail Delivery Failure
Next Topic: Outlook Web Access login template
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:49:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.