Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Any one else noticed this?
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
For the last 12 months maybe longer I have been struggling with Kerio performance. Mostly the webmail side of things. What happens is I will log into the webmail and it will start to load. It usually pops up any events straight away, but the messages and folders take a really long time to load up (When I say long I mean minutes). To be honest I have never timed it as it is that long and always end up restarting the mail server service.

The particular mail server that is having this issue is receiving a hugh amount of spam. Recently I enabled the spam filters on dyndns which reduced the incoming spam by a massive amount and since then finger crossed the mail server seems to be behaving it's self. I am not convinced it is fixed yet, but it has been about 3 weeks since I have done this and at random times logging into the webmail seems to be a lot better.

I was wondering if any one else has noticed this behaviour? I have attached a screen shot so you can see what the difference in spam has been on the mail server.

•  
ToeiRei

I solved the spam problem here with an smtp proxy that does greylisting. That way I could cut down spam dramatically. But you're right: Spam can be quite a ressource hog

SG

Please stand by - the mailer daemon is busy burning your messages in hell.
  •  
hbianchi

When you have a big installation, separate SMTP is a must. Unfortunately, with a separate SMTP you can't stop the mails to "unknown" users of your own domain, but it works well for spam. With Kerio Connect 7 you can separate smtp, antivirus, antispam functions in one server and the mailserver itsefl in other, and also make them to work in tamdem but you must have a new licence (this should be reviwed by Kerio: I mean the possibility to have a Kerio connect just for makign smtp/antispam/antivirus without users should have a very low cost or no cost at all).
  •  
marook

Have you enabled SMTP Greeting delay?
If not, enable and set to to 10-15 sec, and you will see a lot of spam stops. Spam servers don't have time to wait 15 sec on each try.
Real mailservers wait for the greeting (as the RFC say they should!) and you get your legitimate mails.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
skeates

Yes it is set to 25s.
Previous Topic: SMTP Greeting Delay
Next Topic: Read receipts when sending to mailing list.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 21:31:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00467 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.