Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » State of play with Kerio Connect (To upgrade or not)
  •  
Paddy

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Currently we are running Kerio 6.7.2 and it is working well.

I don't like to be too far behind the current release so wonder if Kerio Connect 7 is stable enough to upgrade to.

I have seen a few post with problems and the ones still lingering seem to be performance related. Since its release there have been two patches and one update.

So my questions are -
Have the issues resolved?
Have most of you now upgraded to connect?
Are there still major issues that would make you advise me to hold off upgrading?

Thanks for all responses.
  •  
ccbs

In my opinion wait for 7.1
  •  
GlennK

7.01 here and working very well.
  •  
stewie

If you don't need to upgrade, hold off. We needed iPad & Android support so we upgraded. Ever since we've been running into performance issues. The processor will normally be way underutilized, but then seemingly randomly will spike & mail becomes completely unresponsive.

I haven't been able to determine the cause but I'd happily roll back to v6 if we didn't need v7's mobile support.
  •  
ccbs

Exactly what we are experiencing.
  •  
GlennK

Interesting. I haven't seen this. It would be good to know what is in progress as its spiking.
  •  
hbianchi

for us 7.01 is as stable as previous versions. I run a 680 users installation, over Red Hat Linux 5.6. Server is a 2 x quad Core Intel Xeon, with 8GB RAM and 2 x 160 GB RAID 1 SATA for O.S. and 4 x 300 GB 15K RAID 5 SAS for storage. We also have some performance issues with mail becoming unresponsible for a while, but we also had the same problem in the past, with previous versins. Problem beceme minimized when we moved to the 15K SAS drives, but it still exist and I'm sure it is not related to version. Problem has been reported several times to Kerio and in my opinion it happens when somebody post a message with huge attachments to a public folder or a folder that has many suscribers. I strongly correlates this event with the problem because at the time it happens I noted that all the users that have permission on this folder are shown as having this folder taken in the "Open folders" tab of Administration Console. I see the problem is that Clients try to download attachemt all at the same time as soon as it appers and Hard disk is not respondign so well (that why it is minimized with better and fast drives.
  •  
jlagnese

We are experiencing the spiking as well. This server runs on RHEL 5.5 and before the upgrade it ran like the wind. We also have issues with SSL after the upgrade. It will only work for people external to the facilities if we turn off Stealth Mode on our firewall. I would say wait long enough until we aren't having these issues. it's frustrating for our users who were used to good performance.
  •  
Paddy

Hold off it is then.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond.
  •  
marook

So, base line seems to be:

Have the correct Storage for your user load (and tell stupid users Not to use Mail for huge attachements!)
Make sure your firewall is working as it should.. Wink

We do see small glitches with CardDAV & CalDAV, but it's hard to say if it's iCal or Kerio to blame, but at least Kerio works faster on updates than Apple does!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
forum69

It seems that 10.4 Mac OS clients are no more able to do LDAP requests since V7.0 on our platform.

Thus iCal and address book are no more usable (attendees, vcard searches, ..).

Are you experiencing the same problem ?

[Updated on: Mon, 26 April 2010 11:54]

•  
s2000news

Subscribed.

I am on 6.7.3 P1 and was going to upgrade to Connect 7.0.1

I have a small config.... just 120 users... have had no issues with slow webmail or CPU spikes.

I however don't mind waiting, as I don't see anything in 7 that would make me upgrade now.

Bryan
  •  
GlennK

I'm not sure what the others issues are but we around the same on number of users and on 7.01 with very low cpu usage.
  •  
mpermann

If you don't need the additional supported smartphones, then I would say waiting is a good idea. Our organization uses the web interface for everything and we have been having performance issues since moving to Kerio Connect 7. The 6.7.2 version was much more stable and performed much better than the new version. We may be forced to roll back if Kerio support is unable to resolve our issues. I'd rather have a handful of smartphone users mad at us then the entire 600+ user base. Much fewer chances for complaints. Smile
jlagnese

Actually we were on 6.7.3 patch 1 if I recall. Also, your advice is somewhat contradictory to the original push to upgrade. How ironic.

mpermann wrote on Thu, 29 April 2010 08:21
If you don't need the additional supported smartphones, then I would say waiting is a good idea. Our organization uses the web interface for everything and we have been having performance issues since moving to Kerio Connect 7. The 6.7.2 version was much more stable and performed much better than the new version. We may be forced to roll back if Kerio support is unable to resolve our issues. I'd rather have a handful of smartphone users mad at us then the entire 600+ user base. Much fewer chances for complaints. Smile

Previous Topic: Mailing List Moderation - from browser?
Next Topic: Public folder error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:19:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00550 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.