Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » LDAP Error 150 in Entourage
  •  
ryan@macuity.com

Send a private message to this user
We are experiencing an issue with our users using Entourage 2008 on Mac OS X 10.6 clients. The server is a recent Exchange migration and is running the latest Kerio patch. All client computers have been upgraded to the latest version of Office as well. What happens is every couple hours users are getting an error message that pops up and says an unknown error has occurred and lists LDAP error 150. They can hit ok and continue, but it's very annoying. I've googled the error message to no end, but haven't come up with anything solid. I've tried disabling LDAP SSL on the clients, using the IP address of the server instead of the FQDN, added a search base and tripled checked all the account settings and none of them have worked. I enabled the LDAP and GAL service logs in the debug log and let it run for a day and asked the user to let me know the exact times she got the message so I could compare. I've examined the logs and sent them to Kerio and we can't see anything in there that indicates a problem. Googling brings up some instances of the same problem, but never a resolution. I'm hoping that someone on here has seen a similar issue and has a fix for it.

TIA
  •  
ryan@macuity.com

To the top for some info hopefully!
  •  
scsc_tech

We get the same issue on two users machines...no solution at all thus far.

Check to be sure you have the latest update to entourage.
  •  
InterHmai

Yeah this is a rather bizarre error. I could never find anything on it, or what caused it. It only happened to a relatively small number of people.
I ended up just removing the LDAP connection info from Entourage, then had the person subscribe to the Contacts in Public Folder.
  •  
marook

Have you been in contact with suport.kerio.com???
I'm sure they would like to help.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
ryan@macuity.com

Thanks for the tip InterHmai, I might just do that. And yes I've talked to Kerio multiple times about this issue but they can't even see anything in our debug logs about it and they're actually the ones who told me to post it here...
  •  
sfpete

We too have begun to see this - only for a few clients.

KC 7.1.4, OS 10.6.6, and Entourage 12.2.8.
  •  
rrisdal

I'm seeing this as well. 7.1.4 Latest version of Entourage
  •  
Lyle M

Too early to know for sure, but...

I had one recently added client reporting this error. She's running Entourage 2008 12.2.9 on OS X 10.6.6 - configured by the Kerio config tool. Server is KC 7.1.4.
I also noticed that her Deleted Items folder was continually in a "now updating" state (as seen in the lower right corner of the Entourage window).
After emptying the cache for Deleted Items (right-click, properties, empty), the persistent "now updating" ceased.
It's been about an hour now with no further 150 errors (I'll be more convinced if it lasts through to next week). I wonder if the constant communication of trying to sync the Deleted Items folder interfered with the LDAP connection.

Cheers,
Lyle
  •  
emilh

Has anyone figured out what causes this?
It seems very random, shows up on maybe 1/10 Entourage 2008 clients and also on Outlook 2011 clients which have Kerio added as an LDAP-account (while waiting for 7.2.0).
Nothing in the logs on clients or server.

•  
john_rothenberg

We too have the same issue :
Entourage 2008 12.2.9clients on 10.6.6 OS
@Iylehm did you get a result from the cache dumping ?
  •  
Lyle M

john_rothenberg wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 06:48
@Iylehm did you get a result from the cache dumping ?

Hi John,

Clearing the cache resolved the issue for this user.

It's likely this method will only work if there are specific folders that are continually "updating." For every stubborn folder, clear its cache.

If that doesn't work, and the issue appears to be specific to a small number of users, AND you've double checked all your settings AND network performance, consider removing the Exchange account and re-creating it from scratch (preferably with the tool Kerio provides via the "Integration with Mac" link in webmail). Keep in mind that removing the Exchange account in Entourage can take a long time for larger mail repositories. Also, make sure you don't delete any locally stored E-mail, contacts, etc. in the process (I'd suggest making a backup of the user's identity folder too).

Please post back with your results, positive or negative.

Cheers,
Lyle
Previous Topic: Kerio 7.2 Release date
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 7.2.0 release
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:31:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00673 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.