Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » anti-virus suggestions?
  •  
rleslie70

Send a private message to this user
Just curious what others are doing about antivirus? We have a barracuda spam firewall but i've noticed some stuff getting through so i've been thinking of adding an extra layer by installing antivirus on the kerio server.

What are you experiences? does it add any latency? How is mcafee? my only experience with mcafee is running on the desktop and it's usually a memory and resource hog.

just curious what others are doing. thx

•  
TorW

McAfee is often extremely slow in updating their signature files, and it's nigh impossible to submit samples to them. ClamAV is much better, but ideally you should use both of them. For some reason Kerio Connect/KMS needs to explicitly support various versions of ClamAV on various versions of Connect/KMS (the combinations are unclear to me), so you may or may not get it to work right away. We're (still) using KMS 6.7.1 on RedHat and can't get any (existing) version of ClamAV to run on it.
  •  
rleslie70

I've tried clam av and couldn't get it to work. may just keep it as is...barracuda does seem to stop most stuff.
  •  
hbianchi

We are using Clamav 0.95.3 without any problem (over red hat linux 5.6)
  •  
styson

If your using barracuda, AFAIK, you are already using ClamAV. IMHO use a different one on Kerio than is on the desktop, and a different one than is on the Barracuda. We see very little load form the McAfee plugin. I'd never install it on a machine as a stand alone but it works on Kerio.
Previous Topic: MagicJack dont work
Next Topic: starting of avir_clam plugin has failed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:04:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.