Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Winroute and Kerio connect on same server?
  •  
eramic

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am planing to migrate existing two server (windows 2003 bases) on ONE. Basicaly my goal is to have my email and proxy on one phisical server. I will be windows 2003 with two interfaces (inside and outside) with Kerio Winroute firewall and Kerio connect runing.
Also email (IMAP and webmail) shoud be accesable both from inside and outside network.
Since this is my first time to do something like this (I mean proxy and email on same server:) ) are they any recomendations, expiriences that can help me to complete this.
Is this something that is not recommended or its perfectly ok

Thank you for all your help.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 April 2010 10:49]

•  
Adjuster

its perfectly ok

Thank you, any recommedations about trafic policy, etc...
  •  
Adjuster

If you are going to connect external clients, you need to open ports to outside customers (pop / smtp / http)

[Updated on: Sun, 25 April 2010 14:30]

Since running winroute and kerio mailserver on the same server, have you noticed an of the following..

Webmail takes an extremely long time to load

imap connections from external clients take longer to connect than before and sometimes timeout in waiting for a response

Just out of interest, what's your Internet Network ip address? Is your assigned wan ip address from your ISP on the router or do you somehow config the external network car adaptor on the server to have the wan ip directly and not use dhcp from the router to get the server connected to the Internet

Thanks

Jason
Previous Topic: Kerio Star Graphs
Next Topic: NTLM authentication not works only for some users
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:46:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.