Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange?
  •  
Longhair

Send a private message to this user
I am in the process of gathering information to make the transition from Windows XP to Windows Server 2008 R2 & Windows 7 for a small business network.

One of the things I have discovered on my test computer of Windows 7 is that my current of Symantec Endpoint Protection needs to be upgraded. While looking into options, I have seen that they offer Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange.

I have read reviews and watched youtube videos where people say "Kerio Connect is not a 'clone' of Microsoft Exchange however, it is pretty hard to tell the difference..."

So my question is, will Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange work the same way for Kerio Connect as it should for Microsoft Exchange?
  •  
marook

I would guess so - but it would be a waste of resources, as Kerio have it's own buildin - unless you would like to add another layer on top!

Kerio.com -> Download, and give it a 30 day trial spin!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
TorW

Any AV specifically made for MS Exchange would not work on Kerio Connect. Not the way you think it would, anyway. The mail storage in Kerio Connect consists of a single file per raw message/event/todo/note, plus various indices and datafiles also in single files. MS Exchange handles all this in a database format, and "Symantec Mail Security for MS Exchange" wouldn't even know where to start.

AV on Kerio Connect is set up from within Kerio's admin console and is called from within Kerio's mail server process. The Exchange/Symantec combo probably do it the other way around.
Previous Topic: iCal Syncing - Prviate events not viewable as "busy" or blocked on other users calendar
Next Topic: Blocking external email sent to group
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 08:03:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.