Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Manually changing ACLs on resources
  •  
dmesser

Send a private message to this user
I have a situation where I need multiple users to have read/write access to a Resource calendar. In the admin you can only allow read access to a resource calendar and assign one admin read/write permissions.

I tried manually changing the ACLs for that calendar (edit status.fld) to grant read/write to a few users. Seemed to work fine. I'm just wondering if there will be any ill effects in doing so. Will the admin console revert my settings if I add another user through the console? Will anything else choke because of this?

Kerio Connect 7.0.1 Build 1249 on OS X 10.5.8

Thanks,
Dave
  •  
d.

OK, I approached this differently.

We have a resource called 'staff roster', where certain staff can modify a resource calendar, noting when staff are on leave/holiday/sick. We also do similar things for our cars, rooms etc.

Try this method that we used, ENTIRELY from the Admin console:

• Assign various users to a group (e.g. Add BOB and JO to group "STAFF ROSTER ACCESS")
  • Edit the Resource (e.g. "Staff Roster")
  • Allow all users from your domain to see the calendar
  • Specifically add your users that will edit the resource (e.g. BOB and JO)
  • For the reservation manager, specify the group (e.g. "STAFF ROSTER ACCESS")
  • Click OK

You're done!
Test + deploy...

Cheers,
D.

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

dmesser wrote on Wed, 28 April 2010 00:55
I In the admin you can only allow read access to a resource calendar and assign one admin read/write permissions.

You can use a group of users as a resource manager instead of single user.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
d.

Problem is, if you *just* allocate a group, some users experience problems with not being able to make changes. It seemed like a really quirky bug... Something like "the most recently added user can edit the resource, but the previous person on the resource group list cannot". Or something like that. Quite annoying.

Hence, we found that if you add the users to the group as 'resource manager' AND if you add the user into the list specifically allowed to use that resource, then those staff can use that resource. (Even if you already said that the whole domain can view the resource).

YMMV, but that's what we found (must add Resource Manager + allow domain to read + allow individual users (who are going to "Write") to read)

D.

Previous Topic: error 0x8004210A Receiving reported error
Next Topic: Kerio Connect - SMTP Banner showing only *******
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:53:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.