Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 7.0.1 Resource Room bookings giving status 5.6.1 unsupported message format errors (Can't book rooms now since upgrading to KCS 7.0.1 (from KMS 6.7.2).)
  •  
d.

Send a private message to this user
Hello forum folks.

Has anyone else had problems with room bookings not showing up since upgrading to Kerio Conncet v7.0.1 build 1249 -- we can't book resource calendars properly any more.

A person books a calendar (e.g. conference room) in iCal, and the entry appears to go through OK. But no "acknowledgement" email comes through. The person thinks they've booked the room, but other people can still try and book it (and sometimes they succeed).

This is happening 90% of the time (this bug), and the other 10% of the time, users can sometimes book a resource properly. But this is rare.

So, we've checked the Kerio Connect Log... The mail log reveals this:

Recipient: <conferenceroom<_at_>domain.com>, Result: failed, Status 5.6.1 Unsupported message format

Also:

Service: DSN, From: <>, To: <conferenceroom<_at_>domain.com>, Size: 1712, Report: failed

Also:

Recipient: <>, Result: failed, Status: 5.4.4 Missing domain name in address

So, it looks like resource bookings is broken. Crying or Very Sad

Server is Mac OS X 10.5.8 Server, and Mac OS X 10.5.8 clients with iCal and Mail. Also tried with Mac OS X 10.6.3 client, and the newer iCal and Mail. Same problem.

Also tried re-installing iCal settings using iCal installer tool. No difference.

Also tried stopping / restarting server. No difference, problem still occurs.

Is anyone else able to check their Kerio Connect server log for "Status 5.6.1 Unsupported message format" type entries?

Or is this just me Smile.

Cheers,
Derek

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2010 06:00]

•  
achtungadmin

same issues here (100 iCal/Mail Clients) Sad

We will change to Exchang2010 in June...

But i think the Error in Logfile is caused by an autoreply Message from User Account to the Room, because the User invited the Room.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2010 23:42]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

According to the error message the client is trying to book the resource with the address of the resource. Are you sure the event was created in user's calendar and the resource has been added as an attendee?
It looks someone has created the invitation directly in the resource calendar. Which does not make much sense.
  •  
d.

No, this is not correct diagnosis of our log file.

Customers are booking appointments in their "Calendars" (with a capital C) as per normal. They invite the meeting resource (e.g. booking a "room" as the "location" in iCal), and the result is:

-No actual booking in the room calendar (the name does appear in their invite -- but the booking doesn't actually make it to the resource calendar)
-The error message in the log file on the Kerio Connect server.

Our room bookings worked pretty much perfectly in Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 -- this is a new bug / fault that developed the moment we upgraded to Kerio Connect 7.0.1 last weekend. We found the fault within a few days of upgrading. We didn't change anything else (e.g. no DNS upgrade, no OS upgrade, or anything like that).

No, the user is not creating an invitation directly into the resource calendar.

In fact, the only way to now book a resource, is to actually book directly into the resource calendar. Our sys admins have this permission, and as a work-around, are booking any appointments for staff directly into the resource calendar directly. But we only implemented this now, since we have no other solution. Otherwise we'd have a riot on our hands.

No, no auto-replies in place. Something has broken in Kerio Connect 7.0.1 -- each resource does this, and does it without fail. I.e. if it was an auto-reply, it would occur only once. But this is repeatable for multiple room bookings for a user. If you try to book a room for three different days, you'll get three sets of errors in the log file.

So, room booking email messages back to the client (which should be intercepted by iCal) are not being sent from Kerio Connect at all -- and they never arrive in Mail / iCal.

And to confirm: The errors recorded in our earlier post, are from when a person invites the room calendar as a 'location'.

Cheers,
D.

•  
d.

Hi there achtungadmin.

Did you find any other work-around or solution to the issue?
(I haven't heard back from Kerio Tech support as yet, on my open ticket).

Cheers,
D.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 May 2010 02:31]

•  
timdriedger

We upgraded to 7.0.1 last night. We have the same problem with the "Unsupported message format". I'm calling Kerio now.
  •  
d.

Thanks timdriedger. Support have emailed me back seeking a sample email message (e.g. when we book a resource). But haven't heard back yet, other than that... Cheers, D.

•  
timdriedger

I'm sending them some logs and sample messages now.

We did find a workaround...

You can book resources just fine using the WebMail interface.
  •  
d.

Ah, very interesting.

I just gave that a try. Problem is, when we now invite an attendee to a meeting via Webmail, we can this error message when clicking the "Attendee" button...

"Unexpected exception occured in WebMail

An exception has occurred in Kerio Connect's WebMail. Use this window to report this exception to Kerio Technologies so that we may assist in resolving the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

File: webmail/contactFind.php?reason=searchEvent&mode=attendee
Line: 50
Product version: Kerio Connect 7.0.1.1249
Server OS: Mac OS X Server (10.5.Cool, x86
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 "

This didn't used to happen Smile.

One more issue I'd prefer not to confuse the user with...

Cheers,
D.

•  
mpermann

Have you tried using the older 3.5.9 version of Firefox to see if that makes any difference when reserving the resource in the WebMail interface? The newer 3.6.3 version has some other bugs in it that cause the web interface to do strange things for us. Maybe it is Firefox that is causing the error that you are seeing when booking the resource through the web interface.
  •  
timdriedger

I am using Firefox 3.6.2 and not seeing any issues.
  •  
timdriedger

Upgraded to 3.6.3 and WebMail is still working correctly. Sorry Crying or Very Sad
  •  
d.

Hi there.

Is that Firefox 3.6.3 for Mac or Windows?

To get the error in Firefox 3.6.3 (for Mac), we:

-start creating a New Event
-then at some point click the Invite Attendees
-then click the Attendees button...

That's when it gives the error text (copied and pasted earlier).

Just tried it again now, and it didn't give the error. *sigh*! (Well, that's good that it's gone, but means that the problem might come back)

Cheers,
D.

•  
d.

Sorry to tell you folks, but the 'Supported message format' error still occurs in Kerio Connect 7.0.2. It's *not* even listed in the "known issues" section of the release notes Sad

D.

spiggott

Still getting this issue. What was once a small annoyance has turned into a major problem. Has anyone found a fix? BTW, I have users experiencing the issue using Apple Mail versions 3 and 4, Entourage 2008 and Outlook 2007. We're running Kerio Connect 7.0.2 build 1538 on Mac OS X 10.5.7.

The only bounces we're getting are for resources and it's not consistent. Works one day, bounces the next.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 7.1.1 released
Next Topic: Blackberry Connector - MAPI call failed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 01:29:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00571 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.