Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exchange Activesync support (Motorola RAZR doesn't work)
  •  
jfitzell

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying to better understand the Exchange Activesync support.

I've had problems getting a Motorola RAZR to connect and while I realise that it's not a "supported device" it has native support for Exchange Activesync. Since Kerio is an Exchange Activesync server I expected that this would work.

I've discovered that the connection fails due to an authentication problem, the Motorola sends the username as domain/username rather than username<_at_>domain. This works fine with a real Exchange Server, why doesn't it work with Kerio?

Can I fix this? Does the "unsupported devices" flag allow this type of authentication or is this a bug with Kerio?

Cheers,
J
  •  
jfitzell

216 views and noone has any suggestions? Sad
  •  
r1sync

first not all devices that are active-sync work with kerio.

I don't know the field cell settings on the razr but one of big mistakes I see users doing on there device is putting in there info wrong.
Most mobile device exchange settings have a domain cell that should be left blank and the user-name cell should have the whole email.

Not sure if that is your problem you face with the razr

If the device is unsupported by kerio you will need to change the "unsupported devices" in the config. But do that at your own risk!
I will say this again change it at your own risk and make sure you backup first.

R1sync Kerio Hosting

www.r1sync.com
  •  
jfitzell

Hi r1sync,

I attempted various combinations of the domain/username fields because I assumed it might be caused by this. I've had no problems using the separate fields from supported devices, the problem just seems to be that the Razr "expects" a domain, so even if I don't supply one it sends a "/" in front of the username with the domain name before that (in this case the domain name is empty so there is nothing before the /).

Certainly I'd expect Kerio to support the traditional domain\username format used by all windows systems (even though they are all moving to the username<_at_>domain format). The Razr seems to be sending a / instead of a \ which may also be part of the problem.

I'll try the unsupported field but I'd hoped that someone might reply and say "yes it's a known issue and Kerio are planning to support domain\username authentication". Guess that was a bit hopeful Smile
  •  
marook

If it's not a supported device, you need to flip the switch in the mailserver.cfg file as noted before you can expect Anything to even try working, otherwise it's my understanding that Kerio's AS will just not accept the connection!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: local storage in this outlook profile is not compatible with the current version of the kerio outloo
Next Topic: Can't Connect to Kerio Connect in United Arab Emirates
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:30:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.