Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » spinning wheel in iCal
  •  
matthias_b

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
iCal in Snow Leopard has a spinning wheel.
Also the delgation list is not shown.
And the Console gives me this error message:

"iCal[19299] [CalCalDAVCalendarSource reconcileWithList:] ERROR: no uid for filename 667584AA-CD37-4481-9309-F5DD4F86B5DD-0000023f.eml in calendar <CalCalDAVCalendarSource: 0x101803dc0> -/Users/name/Library/Calendars/DD4C725A-09B5-4AC8-92B5-B92FF 06F2C96.caldav/E02FE7AE-E215-4BC3-BEFC-E616083061DA.calendar E02FE7AE-E215-4BC3-BEFC-E616083061DA in etag cache!"

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks
  •  
stewie

We frequently have issues with iCal. The cause is likely iCal's cached data. I can't remember the exact file that's causing the problem, but quit iCal then try deleting/moving the user's cache files (~/Libarary/Cache/com.apple.iCal) & also her calendar files (~/Library/Calendars/). Among these calendar folders is the user's calendar folder. One way to locate this folder is go into the Terminal & do:
grep -r "User username@your-company.com" /Users/username/Library/Calendars/ --include "*.plist"
(BTW, replace the "<_at_>" with an ampersand. I guess this forum won't allow ampersands. And also insert the appropriate username & domain. So, for example, grep -r "User stephen<_at_>colbertnation" /Users/stephen/Libarary/Calendars/ --include "*.plist")

This should give you the folder that stores this user's data. Try deleting/moving all the other items in ~/Library/Calendars. Then start iCal & let it rebuild its data.

Good luck.
  •  
matthias_b

hello stewie,
Thanks for your suggestion.
We fixed the problem by deleting the the account in iCal.
Doing this way the folders in /Library/Calandars/ also disappear.
Renewing the account and the spinning wheel dissapear.
  •  
My IT Indy

iCal was changed a LOT in 10.6.3 which fixed a few bugs we had.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: problem with smtp submission port 587
Next Topic: out of office response externally
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 15:45:52 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.