Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 7.0.1 NOT have "do reverse dns lookup for incoming connections"? (I cant find it or it's removed in new versions (since 7.0.0))
  •  
Ordghio

Send a private message to this user
Problem that now i have lot of spam messages from "mail servers" without proper reverse dns name set...
in manuals for previous 6.x versions described that i need to set "do reverse dns for incoming connections" i "advanced options" settings.
[img] http://www.redline-software.com/eng/support/docs/keriomail/_ img/advanced.png[/img]

in new kerio connect this item lost, or maybe i cannot find it?
  •  
jfitzell

It's still there. Configuration - Advanced Options - Miscellaneous. Log hostnames for incoming connections. I don't know if it blocks non-dns'd connections though... I think it just logs them.
  •  
Ordghio

"log hostnames" option does not block messages from "mail servers" without correct reverse dns names
  •  
vlada

Configuration - SMTP Server - Security Options: "Block if sender's mail domain was not found in DNS"

You can see it at " http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/sect-smtpsrv. html" ...
  •  
Ordghio

sorry, but you dont feel the difference between "Block if sender's mail domain was not found in DNS" and "Enable reverse DNS lookup for incoming connection"...
first rule blocks all incoming emails with incorrect domain names (like user<_at_>blablabla-my-incorrect-domainname.net), second blocks incoming connections from servers without proper reverse dns name

In manual here we have
IP address from which the client is connected. The DNS name of the client can be displayed here if the option Enable reverse DNS lookup for incoming connection is enabled in the Configuration → Advanced Options section (see chapter 12.8  Advanced Options). We recommend you to enable this option only if you intend to monitor where clients connect from since reverse DNS queries slow down traffic on the server.

and in chapter 12.8 no any word about "Enable reverse DNS lookup for incoming connection". Same picture as shown in my server configuration.

so, my question one more time - where is "Enable reverse DNS lookup for incoming connection"?
  •  
vlada

This part of the manual is the same for 6.x and 7.x versions. But however I cannot remember everything, the parameter "Enable reverse DNS lookup for incoming connection" was not in version 6.x - do not hit me, I don't know why.

I have started using KMS from 6.0.0 version and I think, that this parameter I have never seen in Administrator Console of any from 6.x.x version (and I had never read so thoroughly this part of manual too)

Maybe this is a nice problem for Kerio Support - it has to be mistake in the manual both for KMS and KC.
Previous Topic: MailServer 6.5.2 Mails from 1&1 Germany
Next Topic: Block spam based on "Name" not domain or actual email?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:33:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.