Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » new feature request!!
  •  
heze54

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I want to add a new feature request.

Yesterday, I visited a old friend who works with mdaemon. This friend works with version 11 recently upgraded and works really fine.

I saw an IM and mail integration... its lovely

Is kerio working on something like this?

Any idea about 7.1 version new features?

Best regards
  •  
subnet

I saw this also in Lotus Notes 7 and it was nice. I think Kerio won;t give to much priority as they still have some pending issues with KMS Razz
Just my opinion
  •  
heze54

Hi,

Cliffjag...you are right. Kerio is not developing importante features since to much time.

Header, footer, chat IM integrated, Mail client integration(calendars and contacts not only with outlook), webmail theme editor ... and more

What do you think?

Best regards
  •  
marook

Because KC is not about XIPP/SIP - it's about workgroup collaboration, and so it focuses on things like calendar and addressbook along with email.

If you really like to change the web-interface, it's all[most] php files, so just dig into it and see what can be done - but it's not a selling point, so yes, that is not a feature.
BTW, it integrates very fine with Mail & iCal.. and I think others as well.

If you really like to spam all your people with stupid mark-up headers or footers, tell your layers that it's not nessesary! make a link to the text online instead of spamming all the recipients with none-nessesary information! (and using way to much bandwith in the same message)

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
subnet

Marook I think I have to disagree with you, as the name change says it all. This is my opinion. Razz

If you really like to spam all your people with stupid mark-up headers or footers, tell your layers that it's not nessesary! make a link to the text online instead of spamming all the recipients with none-nessesary information! (and using way to much bandwith in the same message)

If it is the company decision they have to stand for the consequences, so as email administrator you always have to advice your management not to do it and why.
  •  
heze54

Hi,

Then you are saying..IM is not workgroup collaboration.You are wrong.
About footer...my company needs footer feature.. not only plain text, images too.Our corporate logo.

Which email clients run fine? Only outlook with full features. others dont have calendars and contacts.
  •  
marook

Well, we moved to Kerio for a much-better calendar & contact solution towards mobile units, and Kerio was the best we could find.
If you really need SIP, go have a look at Communigate Pro.. but the price goes up... and CalDAV support down. CardDAV is years out..

Email client = email.
And I actually prefer it that way, having my calendar in the calendar client and my addresses in the addressbook. Less clutter, and I'm able to focus on the task at hand.
So, on the Mac, Mail/iCal/Addressbook works fine. Entourage is also supported, but I don't like it.

Anyway, if you like to make feature request, keep in mind:
1: They should be filed here: support.kerio.com
2: It needs to be Way better explained, and maybe argumented for, or it may quickly be waved off...

So, what kind of integration between the current Email server and a SIP service is it you are after?
Only real feature I can think of right now is automatic OoO replies when the account is not online, but BOY that would make a lot of spam in my situation...
And my Mail.app can already show the online status for people inside the mail application.. if I have iChat open.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
heze54

Keep on mind...

Those features:

OoO, header, footer... are extra text attached to mail body.RIGHT, but every company must decide to enable or disable them.Kerio must develop them, as competitors, and I decide to enable. Not kerio.

I´ve been talking with some kerio users...and kerio full service(calendars and contacts) running under mozilla would be desirable.

Now... I use mozilla to read and send imapv4 mails, but I´m using outlook to read add contact and calendars. No webmail option possible.
  •  
robsik

Only one more word: more and more customers asking about IM to exchange information within company employees - it's easy to catch someone on IM when he is talking on the phone or just leave short massage to read later. I believe there are many examples of using IM in company and I'm sure that many of users would like to see it as integrated tool with mail client.

Robert
  •  
heze54

I´m using igniterealtime openfire software.... works very fine.
Previous Topic: 2 AV Scanner (Clamavx and Sophos)
Next Topic: SMTP AUTH
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:50:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00646 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.