Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SMTP AUTH (SMTP AUTH)
  •  
thugbart

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I installed KMS on ubuntu server 8.04 behind a dynamic ip. I've got and .com domain and 80 mailboxes.

I want KMS to work like this :
- Download and keep incoming messages from POP3 regularly
- Transfert all my outgoing message to my ISP with one STMP account.

POP3 is working very well but not SMTP and I've got permanent error 4.4.2 : No greeting from remote host.

I've test such operation with outlook, sending a message from an account x@y.com with a different account for smtp z<_at_>y.com and it worked so there is no problem with my ISP.

What's wrong with my configuration. How can I get it work fine ?
  •  
marook

Sounds like port 25 is blocked.. ?

Can you telnet to it? (telnet remote.smtp.server 25)

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
thugbart

Hi,

SMTP Server is setup on SSL on another port and this port is opened from my kerio.

When I telnet from KERIO, it is said "connected to xxxx" and "Escape character is"

Does it still possible from a dynamic ip ? Is ther something to do with rDNS ? What can i do so ?

Regards
  •  
marook

As far as I remember, SMTP Relay does NOT support SSL..

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
TorW

Kerio's SMTP supports TLS, although I'm uncertain what you mean by "SMTP Server is setup on SSL on another port".

A mail server relaying mail to another server always do it on port 25. There is no exception. Port 465 (which is deprecated) and port 587 are for clients submitting mail (i.e. not your server).
Previous Topic: new feature request!!
Next Topic: Best Practice - Performance Issues IMAP Connections
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:21:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.