Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » old accounts receive fine, new one cannot
  •  
furiorojo

Send a private message to this user
Hello all

I am a the new administrator of a company that was using kerio mailserver and personal firewall for its emails. For some reason the mail server was installed in a typical pc that was located in a conference room (although there are some server systems that could be used). So we decided to move kms to one of these servers (windows server 2003) and at the same time upgrade it to version 7. That was done without problems and the existing users are working fine. The problem started when I tried to create a new mail account. I have to say that I haven't worked with kms before so I tried to create the new account by looking the settings of the old ones. The company uses forwardings for the existing users (pop.company.com delivered to user<_at_>localhost) so I created the new local user and a new forwarding for it. I set up outlook express to test the new account. I emailed my own email address (outside company's domain) and the message arrives. But when i check for new email from the new user there is always no new mail. I checked the logs and saw that the mail addressed to the new account is delivered to the "default" account as if the new account does not exist. Any suggestions?
  •  
hbianchi

just one question first: the mail between new users is working? I mean mails without going out the domain? if a new user send a mail to another new users: is it received? and if sent from a new user to an old one: is it received? and the last: if an old user sends a mail to anew one: is it delivered?.

If so, your problem is not in the Kerio Connect itself but in the SMTP definitions or there is an outside smtp that is affecting the delivery.
  •  
furiorojo

First of all there is only one new user. He can send everywhere, inside and outside of the domain but he cannot receive anything. All his email goes to the "default" account and not his.
  •  
phil_w

Have you set him up in the POP sorting rules as well as a local SMTP user? It doesn't do it automatically as you would think...
  •  
robsik

furiorojo wrote on Thu, 20 May 2010 12:45
First of all there is only one new user. He can send everywhere, inside and outside of the domain but he cannot receive anything. All his email goes to the "default" account and not his.

Do you have any mail proxy or any third-part antyspam system in front of Kerio?

Robert
  •  
furiorojo

phil_w wrote on Thu, 20 May 2010 17:28
Have you set him up in the POP sorting rules as well as a local SMTP user? It doesn't do it automatically as you would think...

And how do I do that?
  •  
phil_w

Have a look in POP3 Download > Sorting Rules

•  
furiorojo

phil_w wrote on Mon, 24 May 2010 17:07
Have a look in POP3 Download > Sorting Rules

There is absolutely nothing there...is it possible that the old accounts don't need sorting rules and the new one does?
Previous Topic: Block IP after xy failed POP3 or SMTP logins?
Next Topic: backup mapi mail/calander/contacts/task/note
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:14:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00516 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.