Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IMAP Migration Tool won't connect to Kerio Connect
  •  
natediggs

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone,

Got a really annoying problem here. I'm trying to use the Kerio IMAP Migration tool to move a user's mailbox from an IMAP server to a Kerio Connect server. I put in the name of the IMAP server and it works fine, then it asks me for the address of the Kerio Connect server and the admin username and password. I enter in the information and click Next and get an error that: Connection to Kerio Connect failed. Please check the hostname and try to connect again."

I've tried it from the server itself as well as from another computer. I've even tried to connect to another kerio server that I manage. Same error every time.

Anybody had any success with this recently?

Nate
  •  
natediggs

Looking at the KIMT this is the error that I get:
Source ImapServer greeting: * OK Scalix IMAP server 11.4.6.13676 ready on mail.domain.com

[7368] In engine\MeAPI.cpp:198 (kerio::migration::testKms): Testing KMS on mail.newserver.com
[7368] In engine\MeAPI.cpp:240 (kerio::migration::testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
  •  
rigo

make sure your migration tool version matches kms
  •  
natediggs

So I called Kerio support to resolve this problem. The port number for the administration console in Kerio was set to 44338, not 44337 which is required for the console to work properly.

Kerio technical support tried to convince me that myself or someone in my company had changed that port number which I don't believe to be true.

So, if anyone is having problems with the tool, be sure check and make sure that the administration port for your server is set to 44337 and not 44338.
  •  
rigo

wow, that is crazy how can the port just change like that. what version of mail server are you using.

thanks for posting your results,
  •  
natediggs

•  
rigo

I thought it may have been old software port setting but not. glad support was able to help you
Previous Topic: Antivirus for kerio mail server
Next Topic: folder size limits?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 22:51:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.