Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Weird Mailserver problem (Mail sent from network client w/ attachment and body, fail)
  •  
sunbum

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have a very strange problem with Kerio MailServer 6 that just started yesterday.

I have 3 client pc's on a network in addition to a win2k server that hosts the kerio mailserver 6 program.

The clients are mixed windows, 1 win98se, 1 windows 7, 1 windows xp.

The win2k server is 192.168.1.2 and the clients start at 192.168.1.100

They all use the smtp server at 192.168.1.2 and have ALL been working great for at least 1 year.

No changes have been made at all to network or server or kerio.

Starting yesterday afternoon, any email sent from any of the client computers that have an attachment AND text in the body, fail to send!!!

No bounce msg, no error, just don't get sent.

In the mail log, you first see the email being sent on one line,
then a second entry instantly pops in with :

"DSN: From: <>, To: <someone<_at_>somedomain.com>, Size: 2172, Report: failed"

If ANY of the clients send an email withOUT attachment, it sails right through.

If ANY of the clients send an attachment WITHOUT any text in the body, they sail right through.

If ANY client uses webmail, ALL sail right through! All the combos above work just fine through webmail.

I have tried everything I can think of. Restored a backup of the .cfg from a couple months ago, rebooted every piece, stopped and started each piece etc etc

The problem remains!

Please help while I have any hair left Smile

Thanks!

Mike
"
  •  
phil_w

Are you using the built in anti-virus? If so, have you renewed your Kerio subscription? Just a thought, but might not be relevant...
  •  
sunbum

No, no av.

I put two more laptops on the network and using O.E as the email client, I used the same creds as the two with a problem. BOTH sent just fine!

This HAS to be a router issue as that is all that is left.

All the successful clients are using one router and the problem ones are getting ip's from a extender.

This is going to take a while but I believe I have proved it CAN'T be kerio with my tests.

Thanks for the input!

Mike
  •  
phil_w

The problem ones aren't going through some proxy/firewall device that has content filtering or something?
  •  
sunbum

No, just to a repeater / bridge (The problem ones).

I'll need to power everything to the ground and plug into the bridge
to see what's up. Perhaps an old dns server..

None the less, VERY weird behavior to only kick them when they they have both an attachment and text in the body.

Thought I had seen it all but this is a new one Wink

Mike
Previous Topic: Exchange to Kerio -> local email relay
Next Topic: I want to save a copy to a mailbox for out mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 17:47:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00437 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.