Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Restore from STORE.FDB
  •  
Wismeryl

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

my virtualized Kerio Server crashed tonight during backup.
When i restarted this morning the machine i noticed after a lot of disk problem on the physical server that some of the virtual machine files are gone...
So i started the backup virtual machine server and started the restore of the last full back: the one of last night not completed so when i try to restore from that one got an "inconsistency" error.

After the restore i can manually copy all the new mail from the backup of last night, but i have lost some days of users mail and the mail of yesterday.

Now i have a question: Is there a way to restore mail from the local store.fdb for a user? So i can recovery at least some of the lost mail.

Thank you very much!
  •  
elias

Assuming your KMS server is offline (so KOFF doesn't try to sync when it connects to the server), just open Outlook and let it run in offline mode. Then create a PST file and copy any email you want to that PST. Once the server is back up, you can copy the mail out of the PST back into the Kerio folders.

Keep in mind though that by default, KOFF only syncs the full message bodies in the Inbox. For the other folders, KOFF just syncs the headers, so unless the email you want to restore from Outlook is in the Inbox, you might be out of luck.

-Elias
  •  
Wismeryl

Thank you, i have tried in that way yesterday after my topic and worked fine. Wink
  •  
emoxam

i have the similar problem but a cannot log in to old profile in case of old DC is gone away. And kerio server is gone away too. SO i have only FDB file. How can i move mail letters tp PST ?

Thank you

[Updated on: Fri, 15 June 2012 09:02]

Previous Topic: INBOX folder sharing issues
Next Topic: Kerio Connect livesync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 14:53:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00420 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.