Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Accept meeting invite on someone' behalf (Accept meeting invite on someone' behalf)
  •  
ETSkerio

Send a private message to this user
Hi, here is the sitution:

System: Kerio 6.7.3, Outlook 2007

Exec Admin sends a meeting invite to her boss and other execs staff.

She has access to his Inbox as subscribe with Editor or Administator rights.

When open the meeting invite, she cannot accept because she is the organizor.

If she logins as her boss in webmail, she can accept it.

In Exchange, you can delegate someone to accept meeting invite on your behalf.

Does someone have suggestion or work around this? This is key feature for Exec Admin that manages multiple users calendar.

•  
schwifty

I too would like to know if this is possible.
  •  
marook

If you use Webmail to set ACL's, the user has to be Editor.
Then it works fine in iCal.. haven't tested on Windows...

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
schwifty

Hi marook, the functionality ETS described does not work in iCal either as far as I can tell.

What he and I are wondering about is the ability to accept emailed calender invitations on another user's behalf. So, say there is a user and that user's delegate. The user has delegated editor access of his calendar to the delegate. In Exchange 2007, the delegate would have the option of seeing and accepting calendar invites that were only addressed to the user, not to the delegate. In Kerio, the delegate cannot see or accept calendar invites that aren't addressed specifically to the delegate, the user still has to accept or reject calendar invites themselves.

The Exchange setting (using Outlook in this case) looks something like:

"Deliver meeting requests addressed to me and responses to meeting requests where I am the organizer to: My delegates and me"

Is there currently an equivalent option in Kerio or one being planned? This is an important feature for our assistants.
  •  
beatle20359

Ah a feature I have long requested.. For us this affects only 5 users out of 300 but it's a real pain.. Currently my only work around and luckily we are mainly mac based has either been to set the delegators email account on the other persons computer (this hasn't been a problem as they had access to the rest of the account anyway) or the delegated person using webmail to accept invites..

From looking at 7.2 all meeting entries will now become automagically accepted as tentative by the server rather than requiring someone to accept but it's still a step away from solving the above.

I'm also hoping they relax adding people from other domains to groups.

All the best
Beatle
Previous Topic: Default login VmWare OVF
Next Topic: iPad not working after 7.1.3 update?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 13:03:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.