Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Users/Domain Migration (How to migrate domain with users to another server?)
  •  
pcardoso

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We have one server with several domains and users.
How can we move just one domain and it's users to another server?

What's the best way to do it?
Backup on 1st and restore just the domain on the 2nd? Will it work?

Paulo
  •  
blackbox

That should work. You might have to restore everything than remove what you don't need.

What version of Kerio are you running?
  •  
pcardoso

So we can't just move a domain and it's accounts?
We have to move all the accounts on server and then delete the other accounts?

This way we can't migrate domains between servers right? We will have to migrate to new servers and delete the other info?
  •  
blackbox

I'd imagine you'd be able to simply move a single domain to a new server.

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=257

May be helpful.

It might be simpler to basically copy the Kerio configuration from server 1 onto server 2, removing the unnecessary domains after the fact; but you may be able to get away with simply copying what you need, ignoring what you don't, onto the new server.

If drive space and time aren't an issue I'd travel the path of least resistance.

•  
j.a.duke

blackbox wrote on Tue, 01 June 2010 11:03
I'd imagine you'd be able to simply move a single domain to a new server.

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=257

May be helpful.

It might be simpler to basically copy the Kerio configuration from server 1 onto server 2, removing the unnecessary domains after the fact; but you may be able to get away with simply copying what you need, ignoring what you don't, onto the new server.

If drive space and time aren't an issue I'd travel the path of least resistance.

I just did a split and had to copy mailserver.cfg & users.cfg over from the old server, delete the domains/users/groups/aliases that I didn't need or want.

I tried installing, creating matching accounts and pointing the store directory to the new location, but got no mail folders with that approach.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
emilh

I'm migrating a customers Exchange-server to a shared Kerio server in a couple of days and this is how I plan to do it:

Set up a Kerio Connect server on the customers LAN using a trial license, migrate using Exchange Migration Tool (this is to avoid the internet as a bottle neck).

Make changes to the accounts as necessary (usernames that need to conform to a standard etc).

Do a backup from the temporary server.

To a restore of the backups to the production server using:

kmsrecover -d customerdomain.com -s /Path/to/MailStore -m mail /Path/to/FullBackupFromOldServer.zip

kmsrecover -d customerdomain.com -s /Path/to/MailStore -m public /Path/to/FullBackupFromOldServer.zip

This is the recommendation I got from Kerio customer support.

A pity that this can't be done without restarting the target server...

•  
rockymtndata

Did this ever work. I'm looking for the same solution.
Previous Topic: Kerio appliance not able to authenticate to Win2k AD
Next Topic: How to measure email traffic
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:20:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.