Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF with onboard realtek NIC (driver update?)
  •  
cybersans

Send a private message to this user
to developer of KWF.

when your product will be fully compatible with realtek NIC? are they any driver update for KWF problem with realtek NIC? i test many NIC, such as dlink, 3com, cnet pro and install KWF with it, and connection to remote desktop / terminal server can be done through it. but with realtek, it caused black screen, and after several seconds, it disconnected. and i already put this kind of topic in this forum lately, but no response at all. Laughing

so my conclusion after doing some experiment, kwf is not compatible with realtek hardware or driver. my question is:

1. when KWF will update their driver so that it will fully compatible with realtek. Embarassed

or should i raise this matter to realtek, too? Rolling Eyes
  •  
fernandop

If you disable Kerio driver in TCP properties, RDP connections works?

I think is not a driver problem, but Windows Update have updated drivers for Realtek. Check it. Wink
  •  
cybersans

if i disable kerio driver inside tcp properties, means that socket is not managed by kwf, right?

my question is, is everybody in this forum is using other brand of NIC? anyone who experiencing problem similar like me?
  •  
styson

Which Realtek NICs? I just installed the 7.0 appliance version on a Dual Core atom box with 1 realtek onboard R8139 and one PCI R8169 and it works great. I can push about 30-32 Mbps though it with AV enabled and no size limit on files. I tested this with 20 simultaneous FTP connections all pushing large (200+MB) .exe and .iso files. Traffic was inbound to a local FTP server.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 June 2010 01:53]

•  
mojo-jojo

I have 6.6.0 on Win2000, with integrated NIC "Realtek RTL8111D", that looks into LAN. Also have "Intel PRO/100+ Dual Port Server Adapter" (PCI), in one port connected one ISP with speed 10/10 mbit (can be 50/10 on demand), in another one connected different ISP with 20/20 mbit. KWF works in Load balancing mode, uTorrent (with outbound uTP) sucks data on another PC, up to 4000-5000 connections, and all it goes through Realtek.

Drivers need to search and download on Realtek site, if needed, and they better be the last.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2010 00:43]

•  
cybersans

mojo-mojo: the problem is on kwf driver.

just update the current version KWF.v6.7.1.6399 to KWF.v6.7.1.6544-PATCH1
and the problem gone. onboard realtek now can be use.

case closed.
Previous Topic: Load Balance with same Gateway
Next Topic: License question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:54:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.