Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Strange: new Mails go direct to deleted?!?
  •  
Kolja76

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Today I've noticed a strange behavior...

When some user receive new mails, Kerio moves them straight to the deleted folder.
I've double-checked the setings, but couldn't find anything...

At the moment this issue happens two times, but that is a no-go!

Has someone a hint for me?

Greeting Kolja
  •  
BudDurland

If the server saw the messages as spam, they'd either end up in the Junk E-Mail folder, or Kerio would delete them completely.

However, the users may have (inadvertently) created rule to automatically delete messages based on certain criteria. I'd look there first.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Kolja76

I've checked that, it's nothing active...
The strange thing is, that all other messages are sorted right...

Don't know...

I've disabled all spam functions from Apple Mail to make sure, it's not mail that caused this problem...
The bad thing is that I can not reproduce this issue...

But I will check it out when I have time for this problem.

Greets Kolja
  •  
Lyle M

So, there have been two reports of new mail going directly to deleted items and you've never seen it happen? Interesting!
Check the operations log, it lists what is deleted by a user and when. You may find that the users deleted the messages themselves. No offense to your users, but this is far more likely.
  •  
mikei

It just happened to me also. four emails that came in tonight went directly to deleted. The log says it was an {DELETE} Protocol: IMAP command I am running 7.1.0 beta 3 build 1472
  •  
Blake2630

I am seeing this exact same issue for one of our seven mailboxes. If I send an email to that account on that user's machine from my computer, and the person who owns that account is only viewing email via Kerio Webmail (no Apple Mail open so no rules applying), you can see it go straight into the Deleted Items folder in webmail. It is definitely something Kerio is doing of its own accord.
  •  
Lyle M

Does that user have any rules/filters setup within Webmail?

Do you see a corresponding DELETE in the operations log?

Did you enable "Message Folder Operations" in the Debug log for your test?

I'd submit all that info to Kerio support right away. I'd even send them a screen movie of the message directly appearing in the trash. A visual can be very motivating.

If you get a resolution, please post back.

Cheers,
Lyle
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Blake2630 wrote on Thu, 29 July 2010 06:21
I am seeing this exact same issue for one of our seven mailboxes. If I send an email to that account on that user's machine from my computer, and the person who owns that account is only viewing email via Kerio Webmail (no Apple Mail open so no rules applying), you can see it go straight into the Deleted Items folder in webmail. It is definitely something Kerio is doing of its own accord.

I'm pretty sure it is definitely something Kerio is not doing on it own. I already mentioned this dozen times in this forum: for tracking deleted messages see the Operations log and you will find out the client (usually POP3 or IMAP) which is deleting the messages.
  •  
mikei

Does that user have an Iphone 4? Early on we were finding that users with Iphones emails were deleted immediately by the Iphone mysteriously. That has not happened for a while and frankly don't know what fixed it.
Previous Topic: Update Method and Chinese characters problem
Next Topic: Calendar Invites from iCal (.ics file) show as DD/MM/YY I need it to be in MM/DD/YY
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:13:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00539 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.