Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect + Terminal Server (Kerio Connect + Terminal Server)
  •  
gmaoret

Send a private message to this user
What's the best configuration to use Kerio Connect Server with a Windows Terminal Server?

KOC seems not the best cause it does a massive RAM + DISKS usage, and in a TS with more than 4-5 users active it slows down too much the system.

Besides, KOC doesn't support all the Outlook features and seems that with 7.1 it will be dead...

Can anyone tell me what we have to do (all but go with Exchange, off course)?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

gmaoret wrote on Thu, 03 June 2010 17:49

Besides, KOC doesn't support all the Outlook features and seems that with 7.1 it will be dead...

KOC remains supported in Kerio Connect 7.1. However, in a long term, you may expect that old version of Kerio Outlook Connector will be replaced with a special version of Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition).
  •  
BudDurland

I just set up my TS users with an icon to the web mail, but my users don't 'live' in TS, either.

I hope we get to use the non-Offline Edition of the KOC for a long time. I only have one or two users that are ever "offline", and the performance and resource hit of the Offline Edition is way to steep.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
TorW

gmaoret wrote on Thu, 03 June 2010 17:49
KOC seems not the best cause it does a massive RAM + DISKS usage, and in a TS with more than 4-5 users active it slows down too much the system.

We have a terminal server with 55 users, and everyone uses KOFF. The CPU load is negligible when everyone is logged in (which is all through the day), although the RAM usage is very high. It's an IBM HS21 blade with 8 CPU cores and 24 GB RAM running Windows Server 2003 x64 off a SAN. The SAN disk can be extended (almost) how far you want. The blade has room for 32 GB RAM, so we're about to stuff it with another 25 users shortly.

Having said that, KOFF isn't really fit for use on a terminal server, but it's the least painful solution for us.
Previous Topic: Deleted Meetings not deleteing
Next Topic: Outlook Connector not updating until webmail login
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 13:28:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00860 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.