Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Office 2010 KC 7.1 Conversation view
  •  
celliottuk

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying to establish if KC will work with our corporate direction of moving to Office 2010.
Using 7.1 Beta, all seems well until "Conversation view" is selected. On any large folder(i.e. inboxes over 200Mb) Outlook greys out, the cursor changes to the ring of death, CPU utilisation goes to 100% on one of the cores, and that's how it stays - even for 16 hours.
Is this a known bug? Will KC be updated before the official release of 2010?

Many thanks
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

celliottuk wrote on Fri, 04 June 2010 09:13
I'm trying to establish if KC will work with our corporate direction of moving to Office 2010.
Using 7.1 Beta, all seems well until "Conversation view" is selected. On any large folder(i.e. inboxes over 200Mb) Outlook greys out, the cursor changes to the ring of death, CPU utilisation goes to 100% on one of the cores, and that's how it stays - even for 16 hours.
Is this a known bug? Will KC be updated before the official release of 2010?

Many thanks

Hi,

I'm able to reproduce similar issue in folder with many e-mails (30k e-mails, about 120MB store). Difference between your and my case is that when I enable the conversation view, I can work with Outlook as usual (although Outlook's CPU is 100%) - for instance, I can click to another folder or to an Outlook button in ribbon.
Are you able to reproduce it with any big folder ?

Feel free to send your bugs or comments (even to this issue) to e-mail kms-beta<_at_>kerio.com. This way we can better track your issue.

Thank you very much

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
celliottuk

I've got an update. Kerio and conversation view are now working. What seems to happen is that small sub-folders are processed(Indexed?) within a reasonable timeframe, but large folders take an age. So, the large folders take - get this - EIGHT DAYS to process on a Octacore PC with 12 GBytes of main memory! During this time if the user clicks on conversation view, Outlook will freeze, and a system re-boot is required.

But, after 8 days, it does work.

Whilst I'm pleased that the situation has resolved, asking my users to be without mail for 8 days or more is a non-starter, so we cannot reccomend a Kerio/Office 2010 combination at this time.
If this is a known issue - is there a fix in the pipeline?
Thanks
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hi,

we know about this issue, but it requires massive changes in code so that it can be fixed properly. Unfortunately it cannot be fixed in 7.1.0. It should be fixed in a next major version.

Could you create a userdump of processes outlook.exe and koffbackend.exe when the issue occurs ? I can give you access for upload to our FTP server.

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
celliottuk

Sure, if you can give me the FTP details, I would be pleased to send you the files
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

celliottuk wrote on Tue, 17 August 2010 12:32
Sure, if you can give me the FTP details, I would be pleased to send you the files

Hi,
did you get the credentials by e-mail ? Any news related to this problem ?

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
the_lar

Hi,

I've just discovered this problem - outlook has frozen on me as soon as I clicked 'conversation view' in my sent items folder (which has 6000+ items in it).

What do I do then? Do I wait for it to unfreeze, turn off conversation view and wait for a few days for it to index, then try conversation view again to see if it still freezes?

I find conversation view such a useful feature, I'd really miss not being able to use it - although it's kind of in the realm of 'nice to have' rather than 'must have'

Cheers for any advice
Kevin
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Thank you very much for sent userdumps.
It helps us to better identify what happened when Outlook froze.

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
the_lar

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue and when we might be able to get a fix? Can't wait to be able to view conversations via Kerio connector in Outlook.

Cheers
Kevin
  •  
celliottuk

Sorry, I haven't heard a thing. The only "Upgrade" that's happened is that they've stopped supporting Kerio Connect on Macs. really great, if like me, you have a mixed environment!
Chris
  •  
the_lar

Yes, we're a mixed environment - when did they announce that they were stopping supporting Kerio Connect on the Mac?
  •  
celliottuk

They didn't announce it-it's just true right now
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It's not true. Kerio Connect is supported on Mac OS X.

I think you mean that Microsoft has released version of Office 2011 not compatible with Kerio Connect. Well, they have. We're working on it.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2011 16:35]

•  
celliottuk

Sorry, it looks as though I'm out of date. The very latest release DOES support Macs. Apparently it came out a few days ago. Sorry if I've raised your blood pressure!
I don't get Kerio sometimes. Mac support was dumped for 3 months for no good reason, Office 2010 Connectivity still isn't as full featured as when we use our iPhones (Conversations and everything else worked on day 1-and continue to work), and it's dead simple to set-up.
Why we need the Kerio Connect solution that just doesn't work, when there are much simpler solutions out there leaves me baffled
celliottuk

Ummm... Whilst you might have the moral high ground, you have it by having your head in the sand. If M$soft release a product, it's up to the Business eco-system that feed off that product to be responsive
iPhone connectivity works straight away with Kerio. If Connect doesn't work, use the same mechanism-it does work.
Previous Topic: Procedure for deleting msg's
Next Topic: Search in sent item
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 18:31:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00565 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.