Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Multihomed load balancing (problem accessing server mapped to secondary IP address of the interfaces )
  •  
Davide Villa

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
I setup load balancing in my multihomed kerio control:

1 HDSL 4Mbs Internet access with 32 IPs
1 ADSL 20Mbs Internet access with 16 IPs

load balancing works fine for outbound connection and policy routing let me choose witch interface to use.

the problem is that the servers mapped for secondary IPs of the interfaces works only for the default one: the ADSL Interface.
for the HDSL interface works only primary IP.

if I modify the bandwidth speficication so that the HDSL became the default one, all the IPs of that interface start working, but stop working the servers mapped on the secondary addresses of the ADSL interface.

Is seems that I can't map pubblic IP address other than the primary one in load balancing environment.

Is this a bug or the correct behavior?

thanks.

•  
mojo-jojo

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2010 00:51]

•  
lansclu

Hi Davide,

You cannot use the KWF's automatic load balancing feature for your inbound connections.

Currently KERIO is not supporting the automatic Inbound load balancing features.

You have to manually change the network rules when your primary link get fails.

There are some appliances available for the automatic inbound connection load balancing.

One example F5 appliances
http://www.f5.com/flash/product-demo/

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Loosing internet connection time to time...
Next Topic: DHCP Server Problem KWF 6.7.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 00:26:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.44612 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.