Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Service does not start
  •  
stumpy

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to evaluate the Mailserver, I've installed the packages on Redhat Linux 9 (lastest kernel) and am getting an error when tring to log in to the server using the Admin Console (error 111) failed to connect to server application. Odd I thought as I had started the service from the command line (I have also stopped sendmail) which says started OK, but if I go into the Service Configuration GUI it says its stopped. If I try to start it from there, it says its started successfully, but the Status continues to listed as "stopped". I do not have any running firewall and I'm trying to access the admin console on the local machine. I've uninstalled the packages and reinstalled them and still no joy, initally I did get an error on the admin install with regards the SSL dependent, but have installed that and all packages install without incident. Anyone know whats the problem?

Thanks in advance, Karl.
  •  
Tr!une

Problem

The MailServer has crashed and will not start, though it appears to start fine if you run:
/etc/init.d/keriomailserver start

Solution
This is usually due to a non-standard message in the outgoing queue.

Try this link.
http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=q uestiondetails&_i=76

Or go to support.kerio.com and look up this subject in the KB. I had similar problemss and cleaning the queue fixed it.
  •  
mkanat

Also, this could be a problem with the initscript. After you stop the mailserver, wait about 15 seconds before you restart it. Don't use the "restart" option of the init.d script.

-Max

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
2nd Level Support Engineer, USA
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: DSN Report error with v5.7.9
Next Topic: I Can't add contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:20:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.