Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail slow on LAN (Outlook is slow in LAN but not when connected from outside company)
  •  
keithd1229

Send a private message to this user
Since our upgrade to Kerio Connect I have been getting more complaints of issues with the slowness of Outlook. Specifically, my users are telling me it takes longer for the syncs to happen and it drastically slows down outlook in the process. Also, I am assuming this is probably related but several of my users also have problems with outlook locking up and closing down during these syncs.

I have one user who travels with a laptop and he is now telling me that when he is out of the office he has no problems with outlook or its speed. As soon as he uses outlook in the office he stars experiencing problems again.

What would be the best way to figure out if I have something bogging down my LAN? I have 4 Netgear Smart Switches (2 are GB and one is 10/100MB).
  •  
phil_w

Any content filtering firewalls on the LAN at all?
  •  
keithd1229

We do not use any content-filtering firewalls. We do use Kerio Winroute. We haven't yet upgraded to Kerio Control.
  •  
phil_w

Does all email traffic pass through Winroute?
  •  
keithd1229

External mail as it comes into the company passes through the firewall, but all of the goings on internally do so without passing through the firewall. The Mail server is located inside the firewall.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2010 04:28]

Previous Topic: Kerio Affecting Network / Internet dramatically
Next Topic: Migrate User from one server to another
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:22:10 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00453 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.