Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Affecting Network / Internet dramatically
  •  
mbad1

Send a private message to this user
Had an issue with internet effectively crawling to a standstill.
Of course immediately thought it must be a faulty device, router, DNS issues etc. Went through various tests and just couldn't see what was going on. Nothing internally was actually doing much and not huge bandwidth but the internet was like slow dial up from the old days Smile

It's a very small company with just a few users on Kerio Connect 7.01. If I stop Kerio server then the internet returns with good ping and good download upload. If I start Kerio the ping goes up to 350 - 700 and speeds can drop to 0.01 MB or so (Gets worse over time also). (With Kerio off the ping to isp is as low as 14)

All tests have been done on the actual machine Kerio runs on (4 month old mac mini been running ok) and other machines.

Fixed permissions and did system update on the mac mini (10.6.3 Server) and installed the new 7.2 version of connect. Same thing.

Ran traceroute and every hop is 600 - 800 ping.

Checked the Kerio Conenct console to see if it's sending hundreds of mails out or been used to relay etc and nothing is really going out (2 emails last hour).

Turn Kerio off run same traceroute and it's down to 120 - 200 per hop as I'd expect.

It's a very simple setup and been running fine for last 4 -5 months with this exact setup and was on Kerio 7.0.1 and not touched since. Checked DNS etc and everything I do leads me back to the Kerio server, and as I've said all test such as trace route, speedtest etc have been run directly from this same machine that runs Kerio - if Kerio is stopped it's all fine and as expected if on then every machine goes to ********* internet wise.

Is there anything I can lookup on Kerio or has anyone got any ideas as it's driving me a little nuts.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 June 2010 21:29]

•  
mbad1

Send a private message to this user
Unless anyone has any good ideas or logs / tools I can pick up errors / ideas from don't worry.

Seems to have fixed itself. Only thing I did was turn off a mac that was connected via entourage and now everything is working really well on all machines.

Possibly some interaction / problem with that machine causing the whole internet to implode but only when talking to kerio ???/

Odd and not really seen that one before.

I'll update if I ever find out the real cause.
Previous Topic: 0x80040117: MAPI_E_TOO_COMPLEX
Next Topic: Mail slow on LAN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:17:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.