Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 10.6.4 client update & iCal Invitees
  •  
Howie Isaacks

Send a private message to this user
Kerio_pdobry wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 08:35
kreatre2010 wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 02:25

To be clear, will the iCal invitee function come back if the server is running KC 7.0.2?

Yes. If you want to create new CalDAV account in iCal on Mac OS X 10.6.4 you need to run Kerio Connect 7.0.2 on the server. And the invitations will work.

iCal has been working normally for everyone in my company since we upgraded the server to 7.0.2, and also followed the steps that I outlined in one of my other posts.

Just to be safe, we have notified our hosted customers, as well as our customers who have in-house Kerio servers to hold off on upgrading to Mac OS X 10.6.4 until we're sure that Kerio Connect 7.0.2 really will fix the problem.
  •  
kinetictg

I can confirm that by removing both the iCal account, and the "kerio server" entry in Directory Utility, and then simply re-running the iCal config tool, all inviting functions have returned.
  •  
Prevent

So, when upgrading to 7.0.2 the invitees will come back? Do we really need to complete setup every iCal on 10.6.4 than?

www.appono.be - no nonsense
  •  
Howie Isaacks

Prevent wrote on Thu, 01 July 2010 15:14
So, when upgrading to 7.0.2 the invitees will come back? Do we really need to complete setup every iCal on 10.6.4 than?

The procedure that I described is what we have followed for each user who upgraded, and then lost the ability to add invitees. You may well be able to get away with not having to visit every machine to re-run the iCal setup. For a couple users that were affected by this problem, I did not have to do any reconfiguration. The functionality returned after the server upgrade. It never hurts to quit, and relaunch iCal after the server upgrade just to see if the functionality returns by itself. Results may vary for each machine, so it's best to follow the procedure that I outlined if simply upgrading the server doesn't do the job.
  •  
marook

Well, the step is very easy, although it's hard to always deal with iCal growing up...

1: Delete your Kerio account.
2: Setup your Kerio account again.
As of iCal in 10.6 + Kerio 7.0.n+, you can simply choose 'CalDAV' as account type, enter your email as login (user<_at_>domain.tld) and password + server. The rest is done in about 2 sec!

Kerio: Thanks for adding support for auto setup, just like Apple Calendar server uses.

No need to delete your Directory Services entry and no need to re-run the Kerio autoconfig tool!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
Prevent

and what about the correct status to give when an event is accepted or not? This has been made an official bug, but since then no news... ;(it is however not fixed in 7.0.2....

www.appono.be - no nonsense
Previous Topic: New site Kerio 7 or 6.x (performance issues)
Next Topic: Add Contact from External Service
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:52:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00488 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.