Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Need more information about Kerio Connect
  •  
Atakma

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I need some technical information about Kerio Connect, but cannot quickly find it. Maybe somebody who has some experience with this product could help me?

1. what is used to store a mail on the server? (database, plain files, etc.?). If database is used, which database or what technology?
2. What is mail server limits?
3. How mail server works for example with 200-300 mailboxes in 500MB-1GB size each?

Thank You.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2010 14:58]

•  
stewie

Very briefly:

1. Mail store is combination of flat files & indexes (which are a combination of sqlite & berkley db, I think).
2. Limits? What specific limits are inquiring about? There's not any limits I'm aware of (mail store size, messages per min, users, etc.). I'm sure there's an absolute or practical limit but I'm also not aware of them.
3. I know some sites have 800+ users with larger mailboxes so shouldn't be an issue.

Hope that helps a little.
  •  
mbad1

Yes if you went to look at the actual mailbox on disk you find index files and individual email files within folders.

In terms of limits then there is actually no limit I know of. Nearly every user I know of has at least 1GB as their mailbox size.

Many many have 4 - 10 GB and I would suggest under 10GB is a decent size to keep. I do have some clients who persist with a 20 - 40GB database.

Large databases DO cause problems with email clients - entourage on the mac in particular but I would say having a few gig for every user is no problem regardless of how many you have. Of course a good server with plenty of space is required.

For example where I am now has 90 users and we use about 600Gb of space. We hardly ever have any problems at all
Previous Topic: What is the point in getting Kerio?
Next Topic: Kerio needs .ics file to be called "meeting.ics" to work?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 21:26:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.