Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal & Resource Bookings always Declined (Can't book any resources using iCal)
  •  
marketconnections

Send a private message to this user
Server: Kerio 7.0.2 (Intel)
Client: 10.5.8 with 702 sync connector (PPC)
Client: 10.6.4 (Intel)

1. Create a new event in iCal in a Kerio user's calendar
2. Invite a Resource (autocomplete functioning normally)
3. Send.
4. Wait a minute
5. Emai appears: Declined Meeting: Reservation of Resource has failed. ... this resource has already been reserved.
6. In iCal, the resource calendar does not display the event, however the User Calendar Event info shows a gray checkmark beside the invited Resource.

Booking resources works properly in WebMail. No issues. Same users.

Restarted Server to no effect.

Any ideas what's wrong?
  •  
d.

Yes, I think I have a feeling that it's the "5.6.1 unsupported message format error" you may be getting.

To verify this,
In the Kerio Connect Console, go to the MAIL log, and look for any lines that say things like:

Service: DSN, From <>, To: <conference-room<_at_>domain.com>, Size: 1716, Report: failed
Recipient: <>, Result: failed, Status: 5.4.4 Missing domain name in address
Recipient: <conference-room<_at_>domain.com>, Result: failed, Status: 5.6.1 Unsupported message format

Try making an appointment for your conference room (or other resource that you have), and one of these messages may appear for you within about 2-3 minutes in your Mail log.

I reported this as a formal bug to Kerio support, but they haven't fixed it. I am going to re-launch another formal bug report now, since Mac OS X 10.6.4 requires Kerio Connect 7.0.2, but this bug (5.6.1 Unsupported message format) means that we can't use our shared rooms / resources!

Let us know if this is the same problem you are facing.

Cheers,
D.

PS. The "formal" solution from Kerio was to downgrade to Kerio Mail Server 6.7.3 Patch 1. But that doesn't help if you have Mac OS X 10.6.4 clients now, due to the "no invitee field" bug that running Mac OS X 10.6.4 clients causes.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 June 2010 01:16]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Thank you for providing the example. The "Unsupported message format" error is not a bug in this case, it is correct. According to the log the DSN message is being sent to the resource and of course is rejected as it does not contain meeting invitation.

You need to search your logs and find out why the DSN reports are being issued.
  •  
d.

Are you serious?

Resource calendars are working fine under Kerio Mail Server 6.7.3 patch 1. But upgrading to Kerio Connect 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 causes the Unsupported message format errors.

That's all we've done -- upgraded KMS to Kerio Connect.

Something has broken in Kerio in the upgrade -- everything else is fine and stable.

Surely you don't expect an end user / system admin to try and fix a bug in Kerio? Other users out there are having the same upgrade headache.

Putting in simply, upgrading to Kerio Connect 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 is causing a problem with resource calendars for some users, and it should be up to Kerio Tech Support to resolve and workthrough (with the end user). I'm happy to talk off-line about this. But I'm certain this is a major bug, which puts customers that have Mac OS X 10.6.4 in a tough situation (as described above)...

Cheers,
D.

•  
marketconnections

I did as you suggested, but the Mail Log shows no such lines.

It merely shows a Service WebDav line From the sender TO the resources. Then it narrates delivery of this message. Then it narrates delivery of the responses. No indication of any errors at all, and during this process all other logs are silent.

I turned debug up to 11 and booked an event with a resource using iCal and then with the Web Client (which successfully books resources as available).

Poring over the debug log, I can't find any obvious difference between the two sequences. I have way too much stuff turned on though, so it would be easier if I knew which debug categories to track. But I filtered the logs by the resource address and skimming through the logs reveals no smoking gun to my untrained eye.
  •  
marketconnections

FYI, I tried the solution from the iCal Invitees thread: deleting iCal account, removing kerio server from the Network Account Server list and rerunning the AutoConfig. Didn't affect Resource Invitations. They are still immediately declined when inviting from iCal.
  •  
marketconnections

Something is seriously screwed up with the Resource Calendar. I noticed that the Decline Notice Start time is wayyyy wayyy off.

Screenshot: [img] http://www.marketconnections.com/support/kerio-ical-meeting- screen.png[/img]

The iCal event is booked for one hour, starting at 4PM.

The Decline notice in Apple Mail indicates the meeting start date as Jan 1 1601!

This is probably because the attached .ics file doesn't have a DTSTART item for the event.

In Webmail, the Event is thought to have a duration of 354,861.5 hours. I wonder if that's accounting for leap years...

Looks like we got a bug here.
  •  
marketconnections

Another thing... why is the end time 2 days and 0.5 hours off?

[Updated on: Mon, 21 June 2010 17:27]

•  
d.

Hi marketconnections and others.

We don't have any problems with timing or similar. (We dealt with some time-zone issues a few months back).

If you want to try something out, try putting yourself (your server, and a client) in a different time-zone. And see what happens with your invites.

Yes, our invites still get auto-declined no matter what we try...

Cheers,
D.

•  
wraa

hi all

The workaround is do not scan local messages by Spam Filter in Kerio Control. So, please check your configuration and do not enable option "Enable rating of messages sent from trustworthy relay agents" in Spam Filter settings. Also, please check that your local clients are between trustworthy relay agents according to SMTP Server configuration (Configuration// SMTP Server// Relay Control). It is necessary to restart Kerio Connect when you changed your configuration. Then, reservations should work correctly.

and it is working Laughing
  •  
marketconnections

I noticed that this problem magically disappeared recently, just before I updated to 7.1. I'm not sure if I altered any settings, or perhaps some restart managed to clear out some problems, but it seems to work fine now. FWIW, I did not have "Enable rating of messages sent from trustworthy relay agents" enabled.
  •  
wraa

Hi
i just enablet "Enable rating of messages sent from trustworthy relay agents" on a test server then all meeting room declined start time is 01:01:1601 !!!

then disable it, then it works again Smile

Kerio is working on a fix

/peter

Previous Topic: Kerio Connect(Mail Server) Error
Next Topic: Hold BlackBerry with data on astrasync moving to BESE
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:04:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.