Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2010 and Koff 7.0.2: no reading pane ("Outlook cannot display this view")
  •  
Crouze

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I was pleased to see Outlook 2010 support in 7.0.2, however until now I have been unable to get it to work properly. Haven't seen any other comments regarding this issue, so am I alone in this?

To troubleshoot it properly I have set up an clean (VM) Windows 7 Ultimate x86 with Office 2010 Professional Plus (also x86). I first started Outlook without a mailbox, just to let it run once. I then installed Koff 7.0.2 (the Connect server is of course also on version 7.0.2), deleted the existing Outlook profile and created a new one. So far so good.

When I open Outlook, Koff starts synchronising. I can see the folder structure in the Navigation Pane, and also see my calendar items and tasks in the To-Do Bar. So the data is there, obviously. But the Reading Pane stays empty, only showing "Outlook cannot display this view". Also the Reading Pane icon in the ribbon is greyed out. Same with the calendar view, contacts, etc. A screenshot is attached to show this.

First I thought it had probably something to do with my previous setup (Outlook 2007 and Koff 7.0.1) but since I also can't get it to work on a clean Windows 7, I'm at a loss here.

The mail account is a pretty large one, total mailbox size about 1 GB. When trying the same with an new empty mail account, the problem seems to vanish. Is this a bug then???

Thanks,
Marco

[Updated on: Fri, 18 June 2010 11:47]

•  
Crouze

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Dumping the existing mailbox altogether and starting from scratch (after exporting all items to pst and importing these afterwards again) seems to do the trick. Apparantly there was some corruption in the mailbox store.

Regards,
Marco
Previous Topic: do
Next Topic: iphone 4 compatibility
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 08:35:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00382 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.