Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Considering a switch - have questions
  •  
grinthock

Send a private message to this user
Considering a switch to Kerio - doing some testing right now, and i have some questions

1) In outlook the "FROM" box seems to let users send email from anyone they want -- that's not good, did I miss a security option? It only seems to do this in Outlook on a windows machine, entourage doesn't allow it, neither does webmail.

2) Can we set password policies? .

3) Is anyone running any working clustering or failover solution? I'm not overly concerned, we are fully Hyper-V here with a SAN - so I can create redundancy in the back end

Thanks
  •  
BudDurland

I'm not an official Kerio rep, but...

1) We use OutLook 2007 and don't have this ability with Kerio, unless you're talking about changing the "Reply-To" address of the account. That's a pretty common client side ability.

2) I don't think you can have policies in Kerio. But Kerio can set to use various directory services for authentication, so I would guess that the policy of the DS would be in force.

3) Often asked for here (not be me), but not yet realized.

Hope this helps

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
grinthock

The problem is that Kerio is allowing "Send on behalf of"
Previous Topic: iphone 4 compatibility
Next Topic: IMAP accounts and Attachments
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 00:33:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.