Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Bad group and AD management? (Testing Kerio Konnect 7.0.2 Demo License)
  •  
3Flight

Send a private message to this user
I've been watch this part of Kerio Mail Server developement for a while, but still nothing new i guess:
1. AD sync is poorly configurable
1.A. Not able to set specific AD query string (i.e. to get only "users" and or only from specific OU).
1.B. AD sync for groups is bad - only one group appeared in list (instead of 3 groups which have e-mail filled in AD - maybe because the other two have many members or some members without e-mail filled?)
2. Groups are poorly configurable
2.A. Cannot set a group to have its own storage (like a shared folder) instead of being just a sort of a mailing list.
2.A.i. Cannot set up group storage folders and rules for these folders
2.B. Cannot assign rights for users in a group (i.e. some can only read, others are admins, others can send and read etc. - separate flags - well, there are no flags whatsoever)
2.C. I assume it is impossible to send message from group's e-amil address and therefore it is impossible to control if a particular user is a member of a group when sending messages from group's e-mail address.

Some of these options are rather basic and often very convenient to use. Still they are not there.

MOST of this functionality (if not all) is covered (for example) by IceWarp (previously Merak) mail server. I would like to hear Kerio's thoughs on this.
  •  
3Flight

•  
3Flight

Is any authority here eager to respond to my questions concerning your product?
  •  
ICT and Me

First of all.
This is the user forum, not the technical support or developers from Kerio. Those who respond from Kerio are helping like a user.
Otherwise the answer came from resellers or (beta)users.

About your points:
1 ab ) The AD sync is running perfect. The mailbox's will be created directly from AD Users and Computers. From any OU.
Groups dito.
2) I think your missing the use of the groups.
MS way is that a distribution group is to distribute. So e-mail can be distribute to the user mailbox who is member of the group. If you want a mailbox for a group of people than that's a fake person who's mailbox will be shared along the group of people. This is also the way with Exchange. And Connect is a Exchange alternative.
Group e-mail can be divided in two groups.
Distribution and Group Mailbox (shared).

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
Previous Topic: KC7: Mirror setup (for DR purpose)
Next Topic: Best Practice for partitions on new hardware
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 03:54:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.