Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Office 64-Bit Known Issues (Place Them Here)
  •  
Longhair

Send a private message to this user
If we are able to group together all the errors that we get from using Kerio Connect with Office 2010 64-Bit, maybe these problems will be fixed sooner than later.

---

Test Machine

Windows 7 64-Bit
Office 2010 64-Bit
Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) 7.0.2-1538

Cannot open your default email folders. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service KOFMSP.DLL. Be sure the serive is correctly installed and configured.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Outlook Connector cannot work with 64-bit version of Outlook due to different processor architecture (it's an 32-bit add-on). There is no reason for collecting the bugs as they are irrelevant for possible future 64-bit version of Kerio Outlook Connector.
  •  
KumpelJ

will there be a version for 64Bit Office? Is there any roadmap or timeline of release ?
  •  
I.Klinter

Well got this messages too and 32bit or not it should also run with 64bit.
So why donĀ“t you tell us what is going on?
Have to use this connector for company issues and i think you have to get it to work on time.
More and more ppl are using a 64bit machines and also running 64bit software.
Maybe you open the data source so any outside programmers can do a little add on for the data interchange between Kerio Connect and Outlook 2010 64bit.
  •  
Longhair

I.Klinter, I have been running a 64-Bit operating system since Windows XP x64. Through the years I have read various things around the internet from software programmers that clearly state a whole new program needs to be written and compiled for it to work with 64-bit operating systems.

Prior to the release of Windows Vista and Windows 7, there has not been any mainstream reason to jump to 64-bit. Only high end software (Autocad, Solid Works, Adobe ___) seen the real advantages of going towards 64-bit. They are now exclusively 64-bit programs (the best to my knowledge at least).

Mircosoft is making the push towards getting rid of 32-bit operating systems - XP mode on Windows 7 makes it possible for me to run programs that I was not able to previously due to having a 64-bit operating system - and the release of Windows Server 2008 R2 & Microsoft Exchange 2010 being only available in a 64-bit version only reassures that point.

With more features of Microsoft Exchange 2010 at the same cost of Kerio (nobody looks into the yearly subscription charges), I do not think that Kerio will survive the 64-bit computer world.

For my company, the choice has been made clearer with the announcement of Windows Small Business Server Code Name "Aurora" & Windows Small Business Server 7.
  •  
styson

Kerio needs a 64bit connector ASAP if not, EPIC Fail. We don't even get 32 BIT anything for clients anymore. unless we have to. All new machines are 64 bit Windows 7 and 64 bit Office 2010. 64 bit is here Kerio, has been for a loooong time. M$ has rung the death bell with Server 2008 R2 and Office 2010. Please Please Please get this resolved ASAP. Not sure why this wasn't ready when Office 2010 released since M$ offers developers copies of all beta and release candidates.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2010 02:09]

•  
elias

styson wrote on Tue, 20 July 2010 17:08
Kerio needs a 64bit connector ASAP if not, EPIC Fail. We don't even get 32 BIT anything for clients anymore. unless we have to. All new machines are 64 bit Windows 7 and 64 bit Office 2010. 64 bit is here Kerio, has been for a loooong time. M$ has rung the death bell with Server 2008 R2 and Office 2010.

That isn't exactly correct. Microsoft's official position is that unless you have a specific need for 64-bit Office (such as needing to open a 2+ GB Excel file), you should be installing the 32-bit version. In fact, if you install Office from the DVD using the defaults, Microsoft installs the 32-bit version even if you're running on a 64-bit OS. They do this for exactly the reason you're complaining about; most existing addins and plugins won't work with the 64-bit version.

While I fully agree that Kerio needs to come out with a 64-bit connector (and I'm sure they will eventually), don't blame Kerio because you decided not to follow Microsoft's own official recommendations on the installation of Office 2010.

-Elias
  •  
I.Klinter

Well after switching to the 32-bit version and running that connector in 32-bit mode i think Elias saved me a lot of more work Wink)

But, to make a little side kick to Kerio, this official position of MS be spread by Kerio as a sticky thread. That
would save them a lot of unneeded emails and anger from the ppl who are using 64-bit systems and software.

So thanks to the community for the replys and at least the help from Elias.

Ingo Klinter
  •  
Dakhaas

The Offline connector is working with 64 bits Outlook. I don't want to use the offline version, I want to use the online version. I cannot believe that there's so much difference between the offline and online version. Such a shame for Kerio.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Dakhaas wrote on Tue, 10 August 2010 17:30
The Offline connector is working with 64 bits Outlook. I don't want to use the offline version, I want to use the online version. I cannot believe that there's so much difference between the offline and online version. Such a shame for Kerio.

There is no 64bit version of any Kerio Outlook Connector.
  •  
Dakhaas

Quote:

Outlook 2010 Support

* Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) supports Outlook 2010
* Outlook 2010 is not supported by the online version of KOC

End quote...
  •  
Domonus

This needs to be addressed. There needs to be a disclaimer letting people know the KOF Connector doesn't work with Outlook x64. And if it does it needs to be noted aswell.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 August 2010 23:44]

Previous Topic: Upgrade to Kerio Connect 7.1
Next Topic: Entourage 2008 Offline?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 06:24:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00562 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.