Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Contact management via script (what is the recommended way?)
  •  
atmamurti

Send a private message to this user
Hello to all,
We have an contact database with 30000 contacts. I would like to import/sync them once a night into a Public Folder under Contacts.
I tried to connect to the OpenLDAP server. i can search for contacts via a ruby script, but I am not able to add any.
Is there a recommended way to keep contact details in sync for a large number of contacts. (ldap, imap,...)
Thanks for your help
atma
  •  
marook

I would look at CardDAV, but NOT re-import the complete 30K cards every night!
Do you REALLY have 30K adresses that change every day?

The script needs to connect and work via a user account that has write permission, and CardDAV would be the way to go. Don't have the script, though..

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
atmamurti

Thank you for your answer Marook,
no i have to import them once. but then i would like to be able to make changes on them. or delete the whole public folder every night and to a fresh import.
After some testing with mac os x 10.6 address book application i start wondering if kerio allows changed to contacts in public folders. i tried to add/change contacts in address book, but it does not work. the new contacts only appear the local mac address book under the public folder.
so my question now is more like: can one make changes in a contacts public folder over any protocol, e.g. ldap, carddav,imap or are they strictly read only?
thank you
atmamurti
  •  
marook

If you can Add a contact in the Public Folder via CardDAV, it should be available to all.

Make sure the user you create it with, has Editor or Admin rights to the Contacts folder. Set via Admin's webmail!
Works fine here, via Address Book.
So, a custom CardDAV client should be able to do the same, and since (hopefully) your database has Changed Date on all records, you can simply do a update/add of all records changed since last time your ran the script.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
atmamurti

thanks again.
you are right, it's possible. I tried to do it in a subfolder of contacts = no luck. then i moved the folder into the root of the public folder hierarchy and it worked. dragged the same folder into another public folder and again it did not work anymore. it seems that kerio only parses contact folders on the top of the hierarchy to make them available over their carddav server. its either a bug or by design.
Anyway, thats good enough for us. Now i just have to find some example code to do the work.
cheers
atmamurti
Previous Topic: Apple: "iOS 4: Exchange Mail, Contacts, or Calendars may not sync after update"
Next Topic: Quota limit number of items
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:33:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.