Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple Mail.app and Notes (Can't seem to create Notes with Kerio as Server)
  •  
marketconnections

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone figured out a solution to the problem of using Notes in Apple Mail.app?

If one clicks the Note button in the toolbar, a note window appears, and a Notes item appears in the Mailbox Sidebar.

Click the Done button, and the Note disappears into oblivion. The note is not shown in Mail.app, and is not synced to Kerio Connect via IMAP.

Notes entered in Kerio Webmail will appear in the Notes item under the Mailbox Pane, but only once, and not in a format that Mail.app is compatible with. Afterwards, they too disappear.

Upon quitting and relaunching Mail.app, the Notes item will occasionally gain a pair of subfolders, one seemingly linked to Kerio server, one supposedly local. But nothing appears under these items.

In the ~/Library/Mail/Mailboxes folder on the client machine, mailbox folders appear, containing the Notes that I have typed in and which seemed to disappear.

These are not found in the Exchange account folder, but in the Mailboxes folder, as if belonging locally to the computer.

Kerio Connect 7.0.2 on OS X Server 10.6.4, Apple Mail.app 4 under 10.6.4.
  •  
marook

What's your setting in Mails prefs:

Composing: Create notes and todos in:

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
marketconnections

Create Todos and Notes in: "Account of Last Used Mailbox"
  •  
Lord of the Macs

If you are using a setup that involves an account on a Kerio Connect Server you have the mentioned problem. Every other account and the "local" option is working.

Any suggestions?

Never trust a running system ... except for Mac OS X Wink
  •  
marketconnections

I found that setting the Preference to
Create Todos and Notes in: "On My Mac" seems to work ok. Notes aren't synced to the server, but that's ok with me cause the notes written in Mail look like hell in Kerio WebMail and vice versa.

Also has the benefit of making them available on the iPhone via manual iTunes sync.
  •  
peet1

I'm just bumping this because this is definitely *FAILING* on all my Kerio Connect installs. It works correctly with all other IMAP mail I've used and tested. It even works correctly with Exchange 2003. I've opened a support with Kerio on this and I'll let you know what they say. I hope this is on the radar to be fixed as it's likely a dealbreaker for a 30-seat install I'm working on.

Peet
Previous Topic: Turn off Archive Folders
Next Topic: Dyndns name - Remote connection - webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 00:05:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.